Chapter Two

NOT EDITED

Chapter Two

Just like planned, Alex arrived today. He is still as charming as ever, probably more. Because my parents had been fussing over him the minute he got here. And do you know what's so frustrating about that? Yea, that's right. My parents had been ignoring me the whole time.

I rolled my eyes at their fuss over Alex and do you know what I got? A glare from mom, a scolding from dad and a smirk from Alex. That arrogant jerk. I have this urge to just slap that confident yet mesmerizing smirk off his face. That will teach him to mock me.

But I never got the chance to, because soon after his majesty arrived, my parents had been treating him like theur king. What's wrong with them you may ask. Yes, that's right.

They are kissing his perfect ass. His father is my dad's boss. And if my dad wants a promotion, he would have to make Alex happy. And the sad part is that, I'll have to do exactly what he is doing. Kiss up to Alex's ass.

I plastered a fake smile on my face and greeted Alex in an overly cheerful voice which even sounded fake to me. And of course, being the charming guy he is, he smirked back at me and greeted me back.

My dad then hurriedly took his suitcase into the house and mom took a whole plate of chocolate cookies out from the kitchen and pass it to Alex. Chocolate cookies is my favourite and can you believe that the first person she gave it to was him?!

I scowled silently and made sure that no one saw my displeasure. And of course, by chance, he saw my scowl and here comes another smirk in my direction. I clenched my fists and tried to cool down. But seriously, he is getting on my nerve.

Mom and dad did not notice ny change in mood and asked me to take him to Gabriel's room. Just freaking great. I was also in a shock because it had been really long since they mentioned Gabriel. And to allow Alex to sleep in Gabriel's room was another shock for me.

I masked my surprise, not wanting anyone to know that the mentioning of Gabriel still affect me. That was a long time ago and everyone believed that I'm getting better now. The truth is that I'm still the same. The wound is still fresh.

"Thank you Mrs Steward. I really love those cookies. They are the most delicious things I've ever tasted." Alex complimented my mom, which made mom beam in pride and blush in embarassment.

"Oh you silly boy! That was nothing. I'm sure you've eaten better cookied than mine." Mom replied.

Hello? I'm waiting to take him to his room. Don't keep me waiting... I did not say it out loud, afraid that I will get another stink eye from mom. And I felt disgusted at the fact that mom would believe him. Can't she see that he is kissing up to her ass? Sigh... Whatever makes her happy!

I cleared my throat in agitation when the both of them were still praising each other about how good the other person was. Sheesh... He's going to stay here for what? Three months? And that is not enough time for the both of them to compliment each other? I think that it will be more than enough...

"Hurry up mom. I still need to meet Jean." I finally managed to say when the both of them ignored me again. I think that the both of them are purposely ganging up on me, it had been a few minutes and he's got my mother fawning all over him. Can you imagine what is going to happen after three months?

Mom gave me another glare and opened her mouth and was about to say something when Alex cut in. "It was a pleasure talking to you Mrs Steward, but I think that Alexandra is right, I need to unpack and we don't want to keep dear Jean waiting, do we?" He said in an overly polite voice which made me almost want to gag. If this is how you get to my mom's good side then I should have done that too.