3 | Ice

It had been a week since she had remained in the village, she had just moved into her new apartment. Not that there was anything to move, but she decided she would go and buy some things to make it more of a home.

She had just left the department store where she bought curtains and some vases that she would put flowers in. The Yamanaka Flower Shop had many assortments of flowers, and she decided she would buy Dahlias. The woman stopped at the cash register and was met a with a young blonde woman, her eyes were a bright blue and she held a smile on her face.

"Oh, Dahlias! These aren't bought very often," the girl eyed the woman's hair, causing Shizuko to grimace slightly.

"Sorry, it's just... your hair isn't common. The only other person I know with red hair is Gaara, the Kazekage."

"Umm, can we get this going, these bags are kind of heavy?" The woman asked uncomfortably and the girl nodded before ringing her up and the woman paid and left. Halfway down the street her bag ripped and it's contents sprawled all over the ground.

"Dammit," the woman grumbled and squatted down to pick the objects up. "Oh, here, let me help you." A woman with deep red eyes smiled kindly at her and she nodded in thanks.

"I see you just came from the Flower Shop?" The woman asked as she glanced at the flowers in the brown bag, handing her the rest of her things. The woman nodded and smiled, "I just moved here and I figured I would want to decorate my apartment."

"You're new here? You're already wearing a Hitai-ate?" The woman asked, raising a brow.

"Well, I'm a Genin, and I'll be taking the Chunin exams next week."

"Oh, well, good luck. I have to get going, see you around?" The woman asked and the Uzumaki nodded, and they headed in opposite directions. Shizuko sighed as she kept the items she bought from falling, it was a long walk to her apartment and she didn't want to meet any new people on her way there.

Her eyes landed on a book store and she glanced at the items in her arms before heading inside. Books were a big part of her life, and she figured it wouldn't hurt to add a book to her pile of belongings.

"Tales of a Gutsy Ninja," the girl read aloud, shrugging and placing it down at the counter and paying for it. She then left, finally finding her way back to her apartment. The woman realized that she had no hands to unlock her door and she blew out a breath, looking up and down the hallway, finding an old woman with a few bags of groceries.

"Um," she bit her bottom lip. She hated asking old ladies for help. "If you help me unlock my door, I'll help you with your groceries." The hold woman looked and smiled, the skin around her eyes crinkling.

"Sure," the old woman set down her groceries and made her way down the hall.

"The key is in my left pocket," the Uzumaki told the woman. The old lady fished the key from her pocket and stuck it in the lock, turning it sideways. The lock clicked and the woman pushed the door open, helping Shizuko inside. The Uzumaki set down her items and turned around and smiled at the old woman, "Thank you very much." She bowed slightly and the woman waved her hand.

"No need, you can just help me with my groceries," and so Shizuko followed the woman down the hall and hauled in her groceries, helping the old woman put them away.

"Ah, finally, I get to sit," the old woman sat down in a chair at the table and leaned back.

"Would you like me take you some tea?" Shizuko asked politely.

"No thanks, I'm Suzume, by the way." The old woman introduced herself, gesturing for the young woman to sit.

"I'm Shizuko, Shizuko Uzumaki."