Chapter One

I could feel my cheeks flush as I caught Xavier stare at me while the professor gave his lesson. Xavier kept staring at me all throughout class. Professor Jones dismissed us an hour early.
I gathered my stuff as Xavier put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. I smiled.

"Do you want to go back to my dorm, my roommate doesn't get out of his class for another two hours..." Xavier suggested, I chuckled. "I have to study, and you should too, we have that test coming up." I reminded him. "Maybe we can study together... at my dorm." He put his arm around me as we exited the building.
"I'm serious I'm going to go study." I told him. "Alright." He said as he kissed me goodbye. I made my way to my dorm.

"I've been texting you all day." Rose said to me as she sat straight up on her bed and turned on her laptop.

"Sorry my phone's been in my bag all day." I said as I took out my phone and checked, I have five messages from her.

"Well anyway, you're going out with me and Haley tonight." She stated.

"I can't, I have to study." I said as I put all my stuff down on my bed. Rose let out a long exaggerated sigh. "You never go out with us, I mean really is one night really going to hurt you? When you're not studying you're with Xavier." Rose rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you like him?" I lightly laughed. "Can you please just come with us?" She asked again. "Where do you guys even wanna go?" I sighed and asked.
"Okay so there's this bar outside of town, we'll take an uber there, they don't card. Haley met a cute boy on tinder and him and his cute friends wanna meet up there. We just want to drink and have a chill night." Rose explained.

"Because meeting someone off tinder doesn't seem sketchy at all." I argued.
"We'll be at a public place and I have pepper spray." Rose said.
"Fine, but I'm only having one drink." I said. "Yay! You're actually going to have fun tonight!" Rose excitedly got up from her bed and hugged me. I laughed.

"Let's get ready together!" She said excitedly.

The vanity that we shared was completely clustered with makeup. Rose went with a cute cut crease with a pretty thick winged eyeliner, I did a softer look with a warm brown eye shadow and a smoked out brown wing, and a nude lip.
Rose wore a tight black dress, it was simple but she looked stunning, the dress hugged all her curves perfectly. I decided to go with a short plaid skirt and a turtleneck.
"Ooh you look like a sexy librarian." Rose complimented me, I laughed.

Haley met up us at the front of our campus as we waited for our uber, when the uber pulled up I remembered I forgot to tell Xavier I was going out tonight.

"Hey babe, sorry I forgot to tell you but I'm going out tonight with Rose and Haley, we're just going to a bar nothing crazy" I sent him the message, Rose glared at me knowing I was texting Xavier. Xavier still didn't read my message, I decided to put my phone away and not be rude.

Once we finally arrived at the bar Haley's tinder boy was waiting outside with his friends. Haley ran up to him and hugged him followed by a mini make out session while Rose and I, and his friends awkwardly stood there and waited for them to finish. The bar was a fair size, it had an old fashioned feel to it and a bit of a funny smell, the lighting wasn't the worst but it also wasn't the best. We all sat down at a black velvet cushioned booth and ordered a pitcher of beer for all of us, and then our individual drinks. I went with a sangria.

Rose told the story about how she went to her high school graduation after eating an entire edible while we all drank. I've heard the story about three times already but I still laugh every time she tells it. Haley's tinder boy, Jack was surprisingly very kind. His friends were pretty chill too. Dylan and Rose seemed to be hitting it off, Carlos was more on the quiet side, but overall it was turning out to be a great night. I quickly checked my phone, Xavier left me on read a while ago, ouch. I decided to order another sangria.