Chapter Two

The next morning I woke up feeling like complete shit. My eyes were puffy and sore from crying. Rose was awake, she was on her laptop. I questioned if last night really happened or if it was just a night terror. I looked at my sore bruised up wrists, there was an entire ring of red and purple around my wrists. I got up and noticed the desk was slightly moved just enough for Rose to get in. She probably struggled with it when she got back from the bar. I felt bad for leaving it there. I went to the bathroom and realized that not only do I feel like shit but I also look like shit. My eyes, red and puffy, my face, pale and lifeless, I overall I looked dull. I wet my face with cold water and went back into my quiet dorm room. I sat upright on my bed. Rose didn't say a word, I've never seen her this quiet. We both sat in silence for a few minutes. Rose put her laptop away at this point and was now just sitting upright on her bed like I am.
 Rose cleared her throat and pointed out the elephant in the room by asking. "What happened to you last night?" I could feel her head turn as she looked at me, anticipating an answer. I took a deep breath and faced her.

 "So after I left the bar and I came to our dorm, I found Xavier in here." I paused for a second as I saw Rose scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. "I ask him what's he doing here and he's really pissed off. He told me he's friends with someone who was in that bar last night and his friend told Xavier that I was with boys all night, and that I had a drink alone with a man. Xavier started yelling at me and I yelled a bit too. He then kept getting closer to me..." I paused and took another deep breath as Rose scratched her neck which she only does when she's nervous. "He um started getting closer to me and he started to grab my wrists pretty hard. He didn't let go for a bit until he did and I fell to the floor. He left right after that and I was scared so I moved the desk to the door just in case he wanted to come back." I calmly explained to her. "Let me see your wrists." Rose said as a look of concern came over her face. I shamefully put my wrists out and showed her. Rose took in a deep breath.

"I'm going to kill him. I knew there was something off about him." Rose shook her head. "I mean I just can't believe it, you know? Never in the last three months has he ever reacted that way." I sighed.
 "Do you think he's tried contacting you since last night?" Rose asked, I haven't even thought of that. "I don't know, I haven't even checked my phone. Let me see." I went to my purse that was still on my desk and found my phone in there, Xavier's contact was still on do not disturb from when I did that at the bar. I had 50 messages from him and 10 missed calls with 7 voicemails. I quickly looked at his messages they were all mostly saying he's sorry and he wants to talk. I listened to two of his voicemails.

"Luna... Please answer me." Was the first one, and "Please, I'm a fucking mess, I can't sleep. I just need to talk to you." Was the second one. I deleted all his other voicemails I didn't care too much about what he had to say. I deleted all his messages.

 "So did he try and talk to you?" Rose asked. I nodded.
 "I think I'm going to call him. I want to end things over the phone, I really don't want to see him. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like seeing him in class." I bit my lower lip at the thought of that. Would he try to talk to me in person? I asked myself. "Do you want me to stay here for the phone call?" She asked me. "Please." I said. Xavier picked up at the first ring.

"Luna?" His voice sounded terrible.

"Yeah." I responded, my voice with little to no emotion.

"I'm so fucking sorry you have no idea. I shouldn't have reacted that way. I just- I don't know I got so jealous and terrified of losing you. I can't lose you, you know?" He sounded a little nervous.

"I want to break up." I told him. I was completely disinterested in anything he had to say. He kept quiet for a while.

"No." Was the only thing he said after that long silence.