Chapter Thirty Five

They pour water on her to make her concious again. She blinks several times and coughs out blood.

"Tell me what I need to hear and I let you go." Says Ariana now a step away from her. Mia then spits blood at her shoes making her more angry.

With the click of her fingers, she orders a soldier to keep torturing her.

"Why are you doing this?" Asks Mia.

"Lets just say, your demise will be a trajic blessing silly girl." Answers Ariana yanking her head backwards. "And I will roll over in joy at every second of your suffering." She whispers and walks off laughing wickedly.

***
Edgar rides off to try and find Mia. He ties his horse to a tree near the clearing and starts to walk away when his horse starts protesting. "Easy Nick. I'll be back." He says patting him on the head.

He then crouches near the clearing and peeps from the bushes.

"If you are planning a mission then you must cover your tracks." Whispers Caramel, startling him.

"How did you find me?" He whispers back.

"I might be an old granny but I know my stuff." She answers. "Where to anyway?"

"You know where I am going." He says.

"Well, if you want to get to where you are going, then you have to hop on." She says handing him the reigns of his horse.

He climbs up and pulls her up with him. "You look like you know alot about her." He says.

"I know her better than she knows herself. I also know that it will take a few hours for the queen to notice her son missing." She says.

"I can handle an old woman's tantrums...no offence." He says.

"None taken." She says.

"Are you sure you aren't pulling off some trick on me?" He asks.

"If I wanted to trick you, I wouldn't need to follow you. Here. Tie your horse here. We go on foot from here." She says.

He slows down and gets off the hore then ties it to a tree. He extends his hand for her to climb down.

***
"You think you are strong don't you?" Says Ariana now furious. Circling her, she yanks her head backwards and pulls her hair hard.

Mia winces in pain and she struggles to keep her eyes open, her vision blurry from all the beating.

Ariana then pours wine on her face, stinging the cuts and lashes covering it. "Painful huh?" Asks Ariana grinning.

It had been a day and a half since she was captured. All this while, all she could hear was the stern voice of lady Margarette.

"Should you be captured, you have to be ready to endure torture in order to keep the secrets that make sure this kingdom stands strong. Beware of those who want to tear this kingdom apart."

A punch to the stomach brings her back to reality. She groans in pain as she sends a steaming glare towards Ariana.

"Leave her. If she does not want to talk, then I know what will make her." Says Ariana laughing wickedly as her heels stomp the floor angrily.

Mia breaths a sigh of relief. With the last of her strength, she kneels down and pulls on the chains. It was the only thing she could do to keep her from thinking about her failure.