Waking up to a nightmare

It's been a week since the alliance won against Madara. One week since the infinite Tsukuyomi was broken. One week since Mei woke up from a dream to the nightmare of the reality of after war. She was briefed on the casualty of the war. She thought she's ready for it but the news of the alliance headquarter being blasted by the ten tails devastated her more than she would ever show. A single face stood out and flashed through her mind. A man with an eye patch, a blue moussed up hair. A face that is always serious, always ranting about the good old days. A voice patiently and painfully appeasing her. A hole in her heart was drilled deep more than the news of other deaths.

But as Mizukage, these news should not faze her. She did what she could do. She gathered her remaining people to work out the logistics of sorting out the injured as well as the dead. To bring them all home to whatever village they belong.

The door opened suddenly disrupting her thoughts. "Ao?" she said automatically. A blue haired man, no, more like a boy peered from the door.

"Lady Mizukage, may I come in?" This boy Chojuro said.

"Here are the paper works from the other villages. There are still some recovery work being done but this is the preliminary list of the injured. As well as the casualties." He quietly added.

She looked him up and noticed how the few weeks of war had drastically mature him. He is more confident now in his speaking. More in control like his Senpai...

"Any news about Ao?" She said as detached as possible.

"No my Lady, no news, no body, no nothing. The other people in the headquarters has been found and transported but..."

"I see. Good work Chojuro. Let me know if there's anything new. Get some rest too you haven't really fully recovered." She said as casually as she can.

The boy looked at her and she can see the look of worry in those eyes. "My Lady, if I may speak."

"Yes Chojuro?"

"I believe My Lady Mizukage also needs to have some rest. You have been badly injured too and ..."

"It's alright Chojuro, stop yapping, you are starting to sound like Ao."

And they both look at each other. Both their eyes glisten at the mentioned of that precious name.

Mei immediately turned around and stood up. "Chojuro, get some rest, and I think I will also retire to my quarters for now. It's been a long day." She said with her back to him.

Chojuro took a bow and slowly walk out of the Mizukage's office. When the door closed Mei felt her legs weakened as she fell to the ground. She cannot help it as tears fall through her eyes like water falls and her whole body shakes in weeping.

"Ao..."