17 ; something's gotta give

"Would you please talk to Jacob for me?" Bella asked as she and Edward cooked something. Charlie wasn't home yet, so Edward was free to roam the house as he wished.

"Nope," I replied happily, eating Skittles. "He is a moody teenager, and a werewolf. It's not like Sam and Emily being lovey dovey helps the mood much," I shrugged.

"What bothers him about it? Can't handle someone being affecionate?"

"Oh, no," I shook my head, unlocking my phone and browsing through the website I've been browsing for the last few days. "It's not just him, it's even Jared and Kim, and they're imprints. They're just... so in love and it's too sweet and I just wanna throw up."

"You're just mean."

"I'm not mean, Edweirdo. They're just kissing so much Emily doesn't make food any more. Turns out Sam's browsing Wedding rings. God knows how he's been keeping that from the pack," I mused, setting the phone down once again. "He's only told his mom so far, isn't that sweet?"

"Why do you know everything about what's going on in La Push?" Bella wondered, turning around to watch me.

"Because, I finished watching Mis Amigos De Siempre and have no other telenovela to watch. La Push is my televovela, bro."

Edward laughed as Bella frowned, and at his laughter, she turned to frown at him. "Just talk to him."

"Sorry, Jake and I have an agreement to only talk about silly things these days."

"So who do you share your most profound secrets with?" Bella rolled her eyes, obviously not buying it, since Jake and I grew up telling each other secrets- we've made sure to tell Bella about this little detail.

"Tyler," I replied honestly, making Bella, who turned back to the food she was making, sharply turn to look at me.

"Tyler?"

"Tyler."

"But... he's a jerk."

"He's a sweetheart," I told her, "he's just not showing it to look cool. He doesn't even like basketball, some senior from two years ago asked him to and now he feels uncomfortable with quitting."

"You're seriously best friends with Tyler Crowley?"

"Indeed."

"You're such a dork," Bella stated, turning sharply to her almost ready pasta. She made small portion, only for the two of us for lunch, not knowing what Charlie would like for dinner.

"Whatever weirdo."

"Well, I'm off. See you at the evening, Bella? Ashley?"

"Nope," I grinned, "I'm sleeping at Jessica's."

"Good luck then, you'll need it," he grinned, turning to kiss Bella. "Want a ride over to her place?"

"Sure." I shrugged, standing up. "I'll go get my bag."

"I'm not sure what's going on with that love-hate relationship between the two of you," Bella stated suspiciously, "but I'm pretty sure it's better than the full on hate relationship from before."

"Just being civil with my future sister in law."

"Shut your pie-hole," I mumbled in annoyance as I stomped off.

"What's GVI project?"

I jumped up in surprise, heart beating wildly as I turned to watch Joseph. He was smiling carelessly, until he caught the look on my face.