(12)

The next chapter will be a valentines day exclusive.
*edit: again changes have been made due to republish.

The Musical was today. And I was freaking out.

A lot.

To start off, the lights were not working so Dedric had to find the custodian. And if the lights don't work then the microphones and sound system were not in commission either.

The show starts in an hour and the seats were filling up fast.

"How's it looking?" I asked the custodian looking pass him, to almost fixed sound system.

"I'm almost finish just give me second " I tapped my heel impatiently.

"All done" he stated climbing down the ladder.

"Thank you so much" I shook his hand

"No problem"

"If you want, you can stay for the show" Dedric told him. I nodded in agreement.

"Really?"
"Yes, have seat in the first row"

He thanked us again as he left the stage to  find a seat in the audience.

The lights went off and the spotlight landed on Ms.Dawn, the coordinator of the show.

Knowing our cue, I ushered everyone into their places.

"Okay everyone Act One Scene one"

I prepared myself to sing by adjusting my dress and listening to the introduction.

"Hey" someone said.

I turned around. It was Porter.

"Hi"

"I just came to wish you good luck" he stated.

He stood 5 feet away from me. I don't blame him, I could feel it too it. The sexual tension between us.

"Thanks"

"Okay later" he walked off the stage taking the stairs on his left.

"And now put your hands together for Santa Baby and our special guest, also the producer of this lovely musical, Melanie García!" The crowed erupted into cheers as the curtains rolled back.

The mic stand was placed in front of me.

Behind me, were the decorations for the current scene. The spotlight beamed upon me. Wiping my sweaty palms on my dress, I took deep breaths nodding to Dedric to play the music. (Song: O holy night by Mariah Carey)

Closing my eyes I sang my heart out.

Oh holy night, the stars are brightly shinning. This is the night of our dear savior's birth.

As I reached the chorus two dancers, male and female, danced together across the stage, spinning and twirling to the other side.

Fall on your knees, and hear the angles voice-es.
Holy night, when Christ was born.

The audience stood on their feet, once I hit my overly practiced high note. The whole auditorium gave a standing ovation on my accord, I was pleased to say the least.

Oh night. Divineeeeeeee. Oh night divine.

When the song came to an end, the lights faded, curtains closed.

~

When the play was over we took our group bow.

I accepted congratulations from my fellow classmates, in addition to parents and the principal.

Someone tapped my shoulder from behind.

It was Jordan.

"You came" I grinned widely

"I wouldn't miss it for the would"

"I have something for you?" He said

"What is it?" I stepped closer, curious.

"It's nothing much but—" He hesitantly pulled out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back.

"Oh Jordan I love them" I gushed jumping into his arms, I hugged him tightly arms wrapped around his neck.

He tightened his grip around my small waist pulling me in closer.

Slowly pulling away, I looked into his light brown eyes, he moved in closer our faces only inches apart.

"Melanie come on" I jumped away clearing my throat.

"Um yeah I'm coming"

"Hi Miss Garcia" he waved at my mother

"Hi Jordan. You should join us for dinner" she suggested

"MOM!" I gazed wide eyed at her

"What? He is your not boyfriend?  I blushed looking away

"We're just friends Ms.Garcia. And I'd love to" he clarified chuckling

"Well come on then"

I know this chapter was a little short. But I'm saving all the juicy stuff for the next chapter 😁 Stay tuned loves ❤️