Chapter 1

Hi! So this is my first phanfic, I'm new to this and I really wanted to write one for a while so here goes my first! And feel free to comment during the story about anything, the feedback is great as I don't really consider myself a good writer. Anyway, hope you like it! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan's POV

"Hi, so my name is Dan," I say to the class.

"I just moved here because of my parents jobs." I continue playing anxiously with the sleeves of my sweater that are far too long and covers my hands. I stand there in silence looking over the room of people I don't yet know, or probably ever will.

"Alright Dan, sit where you find available for now." My new teacher says as I walk through the crowd of sitting kids, watching my every move. He then goes on to talk, but I don't really listen.

"What's the point?"

I think to myself.

"I'll be leaving anytime soon anyway."

I've been moving all my life. The longest I lived somewhere was for two years, and that was when I was around 12. I'm 16 now and tired of moving. But because of my parents I have to. Their jobs require it. Which I don't really see the point in, I mean every now and again they fight about money.

I have no friends. I've tried making some, but eventually I move, and once I move I guess that means I move out of their lives too. Even when I had close friends, there was always someone they'd rather hang out with rather than me.

I sit up straight knocked out of my relinquish on life when the bell rings. Trying to figure out my schedule was hard. But eventually I made it through the day.

When I walk home I open the door to find suitcases. Right, like I haven't come home to this before?

"Mum? Dad?" I call.

"Dan, we have to be in London by tomorrow, so go on and pack fast, car arrives in 20 minutes." My mum said.

I head to my room and close the door. Throwing my backpack on my bed I then run to the bathroom and take a quick shower. When I get out I look at myself in the mirror, instantly hit with a wave of sadness and hatred. I just change and pick up the unpacked suitcases full of stuff and head to the car. I sit in silence on the drive to the airport, as always, when, for the first time in forever, my mum asks, "So...how was school?" I was shocked. I kept my gaze out the window as I answered. "I don't know."

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?"

"I don't know, I guess it's hard to know how school was when it was my first and last day."

I heard her sign at my response. "Dan, I know you're tired of moving, but I promise, this is the last."

"How do you know that? You've said that millions of times before." I say not realizing how much anger went in it, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Dan, this is the last time we're going to be moving, at least for the year. I promise, ok?"

Hearing that actually made me smile a little.

"Ok." I respond quietly.

I don't hate my mum, or my dad even, only my mum actually tries to make things ok for me whereas my dad just goes on with everything. I think he hates me though. About a year ago I told my mum that I think I may be gay and he overheard and lost it. He had pushed me on the ground and slapped me telling me that it better not be true. I haven't actually talked to him in a while because of it.

I don't know, I was actually kind of excited to see where we were going. I mean I was gonna have to get used to it if I was going to be living there for a while. And then it hit me, I was gonna live somewhere for more than three months. I fell asleep, tiredness finally taking me as soon as we boarded the plane, excitement starting to build.