11 A Walk

The night sky is the closest thing we have to the sensation of infinite. Just gaze up and it's all yours. Always, wildly yours to know, to breathe, and to hold. And this is something we should remember.

~Victoria Erickson

~~~~~~

Numbness, a state where one feels nothing.

Sometimes pain gets so much that humans wish to be numb while other times insensibility makes living harder than expected. But then again humans have always been strange creatures, a greedy race, lusting often for more than they receive.

Just like now Curt wished to feel nothing but deadness. He had always been greedy, wishing to get even more than necessary. To satisfy his greed, he had worked hard and even trod on the way that had led him to be a merciless murderer but that fact never deterred him from getting what he wanted Now that he was lying stiffly with dried blood on his weakening body, hid heart longed to find its way out of the hell that he had been enduring for more than a month.

The man who had always got whatever he desired for was not kneeling down in front of Aaron and his men not only his fading strength but also his broken down ego.

"Please let go." Curt begged in a torn, pathetic whisper which only made the men chuckle darkly.

"Beg bastard, beg." Samael bellowed, "Beg for your life to be saved and your death to consume you. Beg loudly, you fucking bastard."

Samael kicked Curt in the stomach, knocking the air out of his lungs and laughed menacingly as his screamed echoed into the entire mansion.

Asmodeus placed his hand on Samael's shoulder and gently pulled away back. Aaron stepped forward and whipped Curt ruthlessly, paying no heed to his screams. He whipped Curt until the blood oozed out of his torn skin.

Aaron gripped Curt's throat and squeezed it till his face turned red and he struggled to breathe.

"Where is Celina?" Aaron enquired lowly, with blank eyes though his monster inside was raging and roaring for blood.

When Curt made no effort to answer, Aaron pressed his throat some more before letting go and repeating his question.

"At the mansion." Curt spoke out in between heavy pants.

"She is not there bastard. I ant truth."

Curt looked up at Aaron with a small frown, whispering, "But she should be at the mansion. She cannot go anywhere."

Aaron grabbed Curt's hair in a tight fist, saying through gritted teeth, "I need truth else..." He showed him the same pocket knife he had used before to chop off his finger.

Curt's eyes widened with fear as his body trembled. Blinking back tears, he mumbled, "I am telling you truth. I really don't know where she can go."

Aaron stepped aside and punched the wall, letting out a string of curses under his breath. Shadow glared at Curt, saying, "You must have sent her off with Bram."

Curt shook his head frantically, saying, "Bram wanted to marry Celina only when she would turn eighteen."

"We will still go to Bram's place. Get the cars ready." Aaron commanded and kneed Curt in the groin before leaving the room. He went into the Freezer where Torrent and Fallon were freezing to death.

"Enjoying, aren't we?" Aaron mocked blankly though his lips curled up in a dark smirk as the helpless men tied to the shackles stared at him with the same blankness.