CHAPTER 4 - PERSONAL

- Caden -

I'm fucked man. I'm losing myself. 

I took another shot and felt the alcohol burning my throat down to my guts. 

I can't stop thinking about her.

"Hey dude, what's up?" My long time buddy, Ray, popped up from behind and settled next to me.

I smirked, "I'm fucked man."

"Don't need to tell me about your sex life, not cool. Since when were you into fucking these cheap girls anyway?" he took a swig of his drink that the bartender just served him and looked into the distance.

"No it's worse than that."

"No way dude." 

"Yes way fucktard."

He laughed and I glared at him, "Not funny."

He wiped his tears away from the laughing and took another drink, "Nice joke."

It was our internal joke about being in a serious relationship. Ray found the love of his life though, and I made fun of him.

Oh how the tables have turned.

"I'm not kidding, she's beautiful. Not just the looks you get what I mean? She pulls me in without even trying," I gulped another shot down and Ray shook his head.

"I don't know if you're serious or not alright? You're fucking drunk."

"No I'm not," I felt my words swim within me and I took another shot.

"Hey listen. It's that girl right? The one you're living with?" 

I nodded and he chuckled but continued, "If you want her you gotta do something okay? The worse thing that can happen is that she doesn't feel the same way about you."

"DUDEEE! She fucking hates me I swear, I get all jumbled with my words when I see her. I can't even tell her she's beautiful without screwing it up. My Casanova ego is stupid as fuck dude."

Ray sighed and patted my back, "You can't settle down if you're going to continue being a Casanova. I'll just ask you this, is being with her more worth it than being with all the other bitches you've met?" 

I nearly slapped him but I missed and I couldn't really see where he is, everything was so blurry.

"How can you even mention her in a sentence with those whores? She's so lovely, her eyes, it's hiding something. I want to be there for her." 

Ray messed with my hair and pulled me up, "Alright that's enough shots for today, let's get you home."

I fell asleep before I could say anything else.

- Cassidy - 

It's been two days since the presentation and Caden hasn't come home at all.

So much for, ' I'll see you at home '. 

I stood at my balcony, looking out into the vast entrance of my home.

I wonder if he's okay. 

I didn't bother looking for him, I mean, we're still not close enough for that.

Someone knocked my door and I let them in, without even turning away from the beautiful view. The stars were so beautiful tonight.

"Miss Rose, Mr Jones is back, but he has a friend with him," my security guard reported and I nodded.

"Sure, let them in."