CHAPTER 11 - TRUTH

- Caden - 

I rested next to her. She snuggled close to me, her face twitching yet again with another nightmare.

My heart sank, I had no idea.

Someone raped my Rose. I wasn't there to protect her. I didn't even know her then.

I sighed and pressed her body closer to me, "I swear with all my heart I won't let anyone hurt you Rose. I will protect you if my life depended on it."

She stirred and her eyes flew open, she took a deep breath, eyes filled with tears. 

I rubbed her back and she looked at me, she let out a huge breath and leaned onto me. 

I hugged her and she wrapped her arms around my waist. She sobbed quietly and I waited until she calmed down.

"Rose?"

"Hmm?"

"You wanna talk about it?"

She turned to look at me, gazing into my eyes. I loved her eyes, deep, dark and beautiful.

"Caden, it took me so long to get over it."

I nodded, "I know, and I understand if you're not ready to tell me. I'll be here if you need to tell me anything though." 

It felt weird hearing things like this come out of my mouth. I was never one to commit, yet here I am, telling this girl I'll be there for her.

Ray will laugh like a mad man if he found out.

She sighed, pulling her knees to her chest and staring at nothing in particular, "It hurts."

The way she said it so coldly actually scared me, "Come on Rose, no pressure. Just share with me what happened like how you would with your best girl friend. Heck I'll be your best girl friend if you want to."

She smiled slightly but her eyes went dark.

She took a deep breath, "It was five years ago, I was only 20. I was just learning the ropes to my father's hotel business. I met up with my college friends to hang out for the night.

We went to the club, it was crazy. We were dancing and soon we separated but I was too drunk to know that.

Some guy came up to me, it was Michael."

I clenched my fists, I hated where this was going. If that Michael wasn't in jail I would have beaten him into a pulp. 

Just like how I did with his brother.

"He kept dancing with me. I kept pushing him off. He tried to kiss and touch me but I kept moving away from him. 

Then he gave me a drink and I drank it absent mindedly. I passed out after that."

"Oh my God Rose, didn't anyone teach you not to drink something a stranger gives you?"

She nodded weakly, "Yes I know, I regret it so much." Her voice sounded thicker and she was on the verge of tears.

"Rose," I held her shoulders and she heaved heavily. It was a hard topic to bring up but she was trying.

Someone knocked on the door and I cursed under my breath but Rose sighed and let whoever was out there come in.

Parker came in, eyes full of worry and concern. I hated it.

"Miss Rose, are you okay?" He strode over to her and I held onto her shoulder firmer.

Parker stared me down, "Can I have some time alone with Miss Rose please?"

I glanced at Rose and she was spacing out. I didn't know how to handle her at this point and it would be better for Parker to take over.