CHAPTER 17 - LOVE

- Cassidy -

I said it to him. The amount of feelings we have for one another is too much to deny.

The amount of lust we see in one another's eyes is crazy.

We were back at the resort, in one of the restaurants. Caden went to receive a call and he became incredibly quiet.

Who did he talk to?

I ate my food and glanced at Caden from time to time. He was picking his food and I got kind of annoyed by the silence by then.

"Caden."

He didn't respond.

"Caden."

He looked up at me, "Yes Rose?"

His voice sounded so sweet I almost forgot why I wanted to talk to him.

"You're so distracted."

He shrugged, "Sorry, I've got things on my mind?"

"Well, you wanna share anything with me? To lighten the load?"

It was weird how I wanted to help him, I didn't like the quiet and reserved him. I wanted him to speak his mind.

He watched me, his eyes lacking that sparkle that I love, "It's my dad."

I nodded and continued eating, "What about him?"

Caden took a deep breath and sighed, "My father refuses to hand the business down to me. Not that I mind, I really don't. I don't give two fucks if he wants me to work under him forever.

But the thing is he doesn't want to hand it down to me because I'm not fucking married."

I raised an eyebrow, he seems really pissed. 

"So do you want your father to hand the business down to you or not?"

"Of course I do but I want him to hand it down to me for my capabilities not because I get married like what the fuck is wrong with him?"

This side of Caden, I only saw briefly when he was on stage giving the presentation. I never knew how hard of a worker he was.

Or how much he wanted his abilities to be noticed.

He sighed really loudly and I wanted to comfort him but I didn't know how. I reached out and touched his hand, he looked up at me and seemed to calm down a little.

"You don't have to feel bad about yourself Caden, honestly speaking your father is just giving you unnecessary stress," I told him bluntly.

He nodded, "I know but I don't feel bad for myself, I feel bad for my dad. I know him. I know how much he wants to just retire and not care about the company anymore.

I know how much he loves chilling with his friends and talking about his long gone wife. I know how much he wants to just hand everything over to me, that's why I feel like I'm this selfish bastard."

Wow, I never saw it this way. 

"He's trying to fulfill my mother's last words Rose, he wants me to get married and settle down, take over the company and live on. Right now I'm doing the complete opposite.

And my father is playing the pity card by not letting me have the company. He hopes I will pity him and just get married already."

I pulled away from him and I saw a hint of pain flash in Caden's eyes, "I'm sure I want to marry you Rose, but I won't force you. I will wait for you, I promise."