Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Trent parked his bike as he swung his backpack over one shoulder. He looked down at his new nikes, not the best, but he thought they looked good with his jeans and maroon v neck t-shirt. Not that he was into fashion. His amber hair was gelled back in a natural way, and although he wasn't very popular, he noticed lots of girls looking his way as he walked towards the door of the school. He was just starting to smile back at some of them when he bumped into someone. Her books fell, including her purse, and lipgloss spilled everywhere. He bent over and mumbled "Sorry," noticing her pink shoes. The last thing he was interested in was a girly girl with a big ego. She and her two friends bent over to help, and when Trent looked up he was surprised. What he saw was not what he expected. A smiling, friendly face, who was helping him. Helping him after he made her drop all her stuff! Then he looked into her eyes. Game over. Crystals, sparkling like the summer sky, and hair, hair of an angel on Earth. Her smile was perfect, with her glossy pink lips and shiny teeth in a perfect crescent. He smiled and found himself at a loss for words.

"Uh, here." He said, handing her the books she dropped. He shyly looked down and hurriedly stood up.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, uh...yeah."

"It's okay. Happens to the best of us." Did she just say that? He thought. Is she down to earth? Trent was baffled by her.

"Um, see you around I guess."

"I guess." She said teasingly, walking away with her friends. Trent stared at them. Smiling, he followed, ready to go to class. The day was good.