Chapter II - The Hound And The Dragon

Beyond Midnight

~Chapter Two~

~The Dragon And The Hound~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-We need him. He either comes with us or he dies.

-Are you sure captain? I mean, we killed his race, he won't join us but still the kid could be used to clear the path for us when all hell breaks lose.

–We can't take that risk, he's just to unstable. Scans show that the magic he stored up during his life, the magic that was never used, could break out any moment.

–So be it. Black Ops or Special Ops ?

–Flip a coin, see what you get. I give them both two minutes before they're dead.

–Then what do you suggest?

–You can't destroy the body, just attack the heart and mind.

-You've got a good point kid. Send 'her' in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang, it was time to enter classes, the ground was now empty and silence took over it...

"I told you we'd be friggin late!" Artemis yelled at Niros, who was running through the grounds towards the main building, being more than ten minutes late.

"Oh shut up, you fell asleep on the table again." Niros replied, the frozen ground cracking under his every step. He felt guilty for lieing to her about what happened that morning, but since she didn't quite remember exactly what happened it was a luxury he afforded, he didn't want questions being thrown at him that morning, especially after he got dragged into the Spark Wars. They rushed into the building, stopping next to the lockers only to catch a breath before walking the rest of the way.

"Now, now children, I would like to have your attention for a few moments, we have a new student." the voice of their class head was heard from the classroom when the two teens stopped in front of it, ready to enter. Mrs. Mohamed was a very nice woman, teaching Literature and English, she was rather old and was like a second mother for them all.  

"And I see that Niros and Artemis decided to join us too. How nice of them." Mrs. Mohamed said the moment the two teens reached the door.

"Come in children~" she said with her usual soft, mother like tone. The two gazed at eachother before entered the class.

"Thank you~" the elderly woman said as the two teens walked in and took their seats, without even paying attention to the new student.

"Now, as I was saying. I have two announcements. First of all, I would like to present you to your new colegue. Her name is Lotus and  she's a transfer student from the United Kingdom. I expect you all to be nice with her." Mrs. Mohamed said to the class as she presented a short  female. A round face, half covered by strands of golden locks that also tried to hide a pair of dark green eyes.

She was rather well built for a female although her appearance told that she wouldn't hurt a fly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." she whispered as she bowed her head, hiding her blushing cheeks.

"Would anyone like to show miss Lotus around ?" Mrs. Mohamed asked as she gazed around the classs, class that was in complete silence.

"Achoo!" Niros sneezed.

"Wonderful! Niros, I was going to ask you to do it but since you're offering yourself to do it~" Mrs. Mohamed said, hapilly. Niros silently cursed his imunitary system as he gazed at the newcomer and then just nodded. "Well then, now that's been discussed. I would like a list with those who are coming to the homecoming ball. Since you all are Seniors this year you're in charge with the preparations. Ms. Artemis?" she said, making Artemis also silently curse "Would you be so nice as to collect the names of those who want to come from all classes by the end of the day ?" Artemis just nodded, since Niros gave her looks that told her to shut up, which was probably a good idea considering she'd start cursing at the old woman if she oppened her mouth.