Eight

Blood pumped quickly through Dan's veins. The only thing he could hear was his own heart beat, loud in his ears, but He knew it was still there. The creature.

Dan was running as fast as he could, but he was still in the same position.

The creature moved slowly toward him, until it was inches away from Dan's face.

Dan could feel the creature's icy blue eyes pierce his soul. Suddenly, Dan was calm.

He swallowed and relaxed his body in front of this mysterious creature.

"Who....Who ARE you?" Dan asked slowly, surprised that his voice was clear and steady, not shaky.

The creature said nothing, just kept staring at Dan. It slowly raised what looked like a hand...with long claws.

Dan kept a steady gaze, but panick started to fill him. He forced himself to stay calm.

The creature raised the claw to Dan's cheek, just barely touching his pale skin.

Dan felt heat rush to his cheek, where the claw gently touched his skin.

Dan saw the creature's blue eyes get watery.

Is it....crying? He questioned himself, as he realized his cheek was bleeding.

The creature quickly pulled its hand away and turned away.

Dan was puzzled.

Then the creature revealed giant black wings. It flung itself into the air, flying quickly away fading into the darkness.

Dan found himself in his bed, surrounded by his matching, black and grey bed set.

He was aware that he had been dreaming, but this one wasn't the same.

This wasn't like his usual nightmares.

He let out a light gasp.

Phil.

He was just now thinking about him. He felt the urge to go find him, it didn't take long.

All of a sudden, Dan was aware of Phil's presence across the room. He was hunched over, his face buried in his hands.

Dan jumped up out of his bed and ran over to his lover.

"Phil??" Dan say next to him and put his hands on Phil's shoulders, "Babe, are you okay??"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Phil's voice was shaky. As he sat up and looked at Dan, his icy blue eyes were watery. Dan felt a hint of familiarity but decided not to dwell on it. He chose not to ask Phil about his tear soaked face, Phil would've just changed the subject. Dan always awoke to Phil crying after his nightmares.

"What happened to your face?"

Dan touched his hand to his cheek and realized he was bleeding, bleeding from the same place the dream creature had cut him.

He gasped.

"Um...I must've bumped my face on the table or something in my sleep..." Dan didn't want to tell Phil about his dreams, not yet. Not considering Phil was under a lot of pressure because he has to deal with Dan's frequent questions about his power.

"Oh...okay" Phil could hear the uncertainty in Dan's voice. He can always tell when something is wrong with him.

Phil put his hand on Dan's gash.

Light glowed under his Palm and after a few seconds, the wound was gone.

Phil pulled his hand away as Dan moved his hand to his now healed cheek.

"Thanks"

"No problem," Phil smiled and kissed Dan's cheek.

Dan moved closer to Phil and whispered in his ear "I love you."

"I know," Phil answered with a sly smile.

"Rude" Dan scoffed but he, too, was smiling.

Phil pulled Dan into him and gave him a long, deep kiss.

"I love you too"