Looking Back

When  I first met Malik I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. No one knew much about him and we had been on like maybe 3 dates before he asked me to move into his house. While I was delighted by the offer I did have some standards and he wasn't someone that I imagined myself being with. However as peopel get older and start to know each other more we kind of just glued together. He made me happy and I made him happy. That was all we needed. 

Back in the high school days I was known for staying to myself and just getting the work done. I didn't come around looking high and mighty all the time because it wasn't needed. Nobody messed with me and I kept on going. By my senior yer life was starting to catch up on me and I wanted some adventure in my life. So I called my cousin up who had been my best friend and we decided to spend the summer in NY. From the moment we landed at JFK i knew that we were getting into some crazy shit but I was ready to make some moves. My parnets had no worries abotu me because I had never been a problem to them but this was my last summer to be free. My cousin Raven on the otherhand was a wild animal and the first few days of NYC break was spent trying to just calm her down. 

We were statying with my aunt and her two sons Dominick and Tristan. Tristan was a year older than both me and Raven and Domincik was nearly 3 years older than us but we both got to hang out with their crews and that's how I ended up meeting Malik. That whole time is like a far off memory but there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish that I could go back. The one question that continuously pops up is whether I would be different or stay the same?