•Darkness isn't so Bad• [Blind!Fem! Reader AU]

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

(Y/n) awoke to the sound of beeping, she attempted to open her eyes but froze when she realized something was covering her eyes. That's when painful memorys returned.

•°•Flashback•°•

"When are we gonna get there~!" (Y/n) whined to her mother who was driving their car.

"We'll be there soon, be patient (Y/n)." (M/n) smiled to her daughter through the rear view mirror.

"Okay..." (Y/n) digs through her bag looking for something to occupy her.

The (h/c) girl looked up out the window, her eyes widened. "Mom watch ou-!!"

Before her mother could look or (Y/n) could finish her sentince a car slammed into theirs. Both cars went spinning, (Y/n) hit her head on the glass smashing it as well as making her pass out. Her mother yelling to her worriedly when the car slows.

Bystanders have their phones out, most calling the cops while others stand in shock. (Y/n)'s mother kicks open the car door and frantically went out to pull open (Y/n)s door. She unbuckled the girl and pulled her out with her remaining strength, concerned for her childs health.

(M/n) got a good distance away from the car, she could hear sirens coming closer. (M/n)'s heart dropped when she saw the injurys on her daughter. (Y/n)'s head was bleeding, a lot. The two were both covered in bruises and cuts but (M/n)'s injuries are nothing compared to her daughter.

She heard the ambulance arive and she passed her daughter to them as they loaded her on a stretcher(?).

"Mam I ask you to come with us. You'll be asked questions on the ride." The woman said, (M/n) nodded and followed the lady into the ambulance.

•°•Flashback End•°•

(Y/n) felt like crying, the pain may be numb and she may not know what was inflicted on her but either way she cried. Her and her mother had a car crash on her 16th birthday!

"(Y/n) you're awake! Thank goodness!" She heard her mother's voice trembling as she hugged her.

"What happened...?" (Y/n)'s voice was raspy, her throat felt dry when she spoke.

"Oh, my dear... They said man who crashed into us was drunk. I'm sorry (Y/n)..." (M/n) trailed off sobbing quietly.

"M-Mom?" The grasp on her daughter tightened slightly as if she never wanted to let go. "W-What happened... to me...?"

Before (M/n) name could answer a doctor walked in. "Ah you're awake, that's good."

"Can you tell me about what happend to my child!?" (M/n) said loudly.

The doctor's face fell, although (Y/n) couldn't tell from the bandages around her head and eyes. "I'm sorry M.s (L/n)... the crash had caused you daughter to have a part of her brain to be damaged." Both of their hearts dropped drastically. The doctor continued, "She will be left... blind for a couple of months, it isn't life threatening it's can possibly recover but you may need glasses to be able to have clear sight."

(Y/n) felt tears streaming down her face, "W-Why... why me..." She wispered.

"I apologized, I'll leave you both for a while." And with that he did leave, but peaked his head in. "Just a few more, (Y/n) will be staying here a few more days before being released of the bandages and will be able to go home. Oh and there's someone waiting for you outside."

"Can you tell them to come in...?" (Y/n) hesitantly asked.

"Are you sure, (Y/n)?" (M/n) wispered, the girl nodded.