•Darkness to Light• [Magic! Reader]

Requested by: EchoTheWolf

(Y/n) and Lillie were best friends, well that's what (Y/n) thought.

Never in her life had she felt so broken.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
-Two days ago-

"Hey Lil can I tell you something?" The (H/c) haired girl looked down. A blush forming on her face.

Lillie looked to her friend. "What is it (N/N)?"

"I... I think I like Hau..." (Y/n) brought her knees to her chest. The hot day sun beating rays down on the two of them.

Lillie's eyes widened and she looked away. S-She likes him too?

"O-Oh, what are you gonna do?" She asked curiously.

(Y/n) looked up to the sky, "I dunno, it takes a lot of courage to confess, you know? But I might try to at least tell him."

"O-Oh yeah..." Jealousy bubbled inside Lillie. "Right..." I gotta tell him before her, I need to. Lillie thought hastily. "When are you planning to confess?" Lillie asked, sounding as little as suspicious as she could.

"Hmm I dunno..." She bit her lip, "I'll let you know, thanks for being beside me through this Lillie." She smiled.

When (Y/n) opened her eyes a glint flickered in Lil's eyes she just couldn't place.

Oh how she wished she had sooner.

(Y/n) was... special... in a sense, not as human as one would think. She held a secret power that was affected by her emotions, which can explain how cheerful she tries to be. Her mother and father hid her power from the world, fear plagued them at the idea of people taking her away to be an experiment.

So they kept her hidden, of course they didn't want they're child to be lonely her whole life, so the gave her rules.

1. No using you abilities in public, or to anyone other then them.
2. You can be out for only around 5 hours a day, if you come home at some point and haven't been out for a total of at least 5 hours you can go back outside for the remaining time.
3. You may not have friends over, or go to their house for more than an hour and a half.
4. You may not go anywhere without us knowing where.
5. Control your emotions, stay calm (When mad or sad just take deep breaths and laugh, think about what you're looking forward to in the future like dinner! Or your favorite snack!)

They added one or two rules at a later date but those were the main that stuck to her memory like glue. She followed them, obviously number five was one of the hardest as she wanted to punch the shit-eating grin off one boys face when he kicked a cat to impress her. (A/n: I do not suggest kicking cats... cats are great!)

She almost did punch him, but told him to leave and helped the cat instead.
He got annoyed and did which left her to let out a sigh. Despite being the age of 8 she was smart and mature, of course still playful and childish too.

•°•°•°•°•°•

(Y/n) opened her house door with a smile, she was going to do it! She finally felt like she can tell her crush, the one she had a crush on for months, that she liked him.

Of course the nervousness of being rejected crept up but she swallowed the fear and set out to go meet up with Hau.

S