Twenty Eight

Noah awoke naked and wrapped in the arms of a sleeping Anna. He still couldn't believe his luck. How did he manage to get a girl like her to love him. She was just as beautiful asleep as awake. And the sex...It was like nothing he could have ever imagined. Their bodies were so in tune that every moment was ecstasy. She really was his everything. Today was a fresh start to both of them. No more secrets.

"Morning handsome, you hungry?" Said a rousing Anna. "Morning beautiful" Noah replied as he kissed the tip of her nose "Not yet, let's just stay here for a while". They lay for a moment just holding each other. "You do know I have to go to the café this morning don't you?" She saud, breaking the silence "I have to sort this out with Vic and get some time off. Maybe you could come with me. If we're gonna lock ourselves away then we will need supplies. You could hit the shops?". "I can do that" he replied "Although my eating habits are still pretty poor so its gonna be cereal, cheese pizza and buttered pasta?" He laughed "Do you think you and Vic will be ok?".

"Yeah, she hasn't really done anything wrong. I mean she was too protective but the other stuff...I chose to tell you" Anna paused. "And I'm pleased I did. Maybe she did us a favour. I dunno. All I know is that I feel better. Do you?" She enquired. "Of course I do. Fresh start today. I was thinking naked Tuesdays?" He laughed. "Oh really?" Anna quizzed "And what does that entail?". "I don't know yet" He answered with a wicked grin "But we have to get dressed in order to get naked so let's get on". Anna laughed at him. "Noah Grossman. You are weird!".

The quickly dressed and went out into the village. Anna kissed him goodbye at the end of the lane and headed off to the café. Vic was just opening up. "Morning witch" Anna joked. Vic looked at her with a sullen face "He told you what I said didn't he? Ah god I'm sorry Anna. I should have kept my mouth shut!". Anna sat at a table and gestured Vic to do the same. "Not really. I told him about the coke and about my folks and Daniel. Everything is out in the open now, It's kind of been a good thing. So I guess you're off the hook". Vic breathed a sigh of relief and rubbed her face in her hands. It was Anna's turn to be nervous now "But now I've got another problem, I want to take Noah to Greece when my folks get home at the end of the week, so I'm gonna have to pack this job in."

Vic got up from the table, her voice raised. "I thought that we were going to spend the summer together? That's why you came home? You won't let me visit you in London! I don't see you anymore, and now you fucking off to Greece with a stranger! Who are you? Cos your obviously not my friend Anna, she wouldn't do something like this!!". Anna stood up to face her, her faced flushed with rage "Are you for real Vic? It's never been me and you for years. It's me you and Dale and it never bothered me at all. Because I like him and you are happy. Why can't you do the same for me? No you can't. You need me to be broken, I'm like your little project. Poor weak lonely Anna. Let's ignore that she's managed to live in London on her own for two fucking years! You wanna know why I don't tell you things? Because you make it worse, you chip away at me till I forget who I am. I love him Vic, with everything I have and it's going to stay like this. I have never been as happy and open with anyone in my life. He's different and so am I, he makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. This is it for me, the real deal and I don't give a fuck what you say". Vic looked at her friend, she was gobsmacked "Don't give a fuck what I say? God Anna, just fuck off! Don't come running back to me when this all turns to shit, I won't be here to look after you this time!". Anna shook her head in disbelief "You did this, not me Vic". And she left.

***************
Sorry it's taken a while for me to update. I've been camping. In the north east of england, in January! That's a herculean task if ever there was one. ⛺❄⛄

Thanks readers
Xx