Chapter 5

The room was elegantly decorated with silver platters and centerpieces. Each table was covered with an expensive white table cloth, with small light silver swirls that were barely visible. There were small silver painted appetizer plates at each of the eight seats, with a cleanly folded black cloth napkin and their finest silverware. 

The centerpieces with tall thin silver stands with straight lines carved up the sides. The bottom of the centerpiece curved into four spirals to hold it in place. It separated at the top into numerous treelike branches with extremely thin strings of crystal draped over the top, spilling over to where strands of thin crystal drooping like the leaves of a willow tree. The seats were covered by black cloth as well. The tables were all towards the edges of the room, leaving a large space at the center for dancing, and the stage up front for the live orchestra.

The walls of the ballroom were light grey with elegant white pillars at each of the four corners. Even the ceiling was white with swirled designs. Centered above the dance floor was the large silver chandelier, the size of two tables. Its large crystals were paired with smaller crystals complimented the grey and white themed room. 

The floors of the room were a beautifully polished dark hard wood. The walls were clothed with large paintings in various types of frames. Gold, tan, white, and even black; the frames still matched perfectly with the room.

 A woman towards the large entrance of the ballroom stood in a large metal champagne skirt, handing glasses to guests as they walked in, offering a polite smile, but remaining quiet. 

Caterers talked calmly around the room in their black uniforms carrying medium sized tray with a varied number of appetizers, ranging from shrimp puffs, oysters on freshly shaven ice, to sushi and mini Bloody Mary's. 

There was a large bar at the left corner near the entrance. A bartender drew a small crowd of women as he made cocktails and drink mixes with little dance moves and seductive glances. The men paid no attention as they stood in groups, discussing business, money, women and golf. They already had glasses of whiskey and gin. Some couples were already at their seats, making small talk and laughing with their table companions for the night. 

"Wow. This place is..."

"Over the top?"

"A bit but... it's so beautiful."

"Just like you." He kissed her cheek and eyed her for the hundredth time. 

She wore a fitted black dress that stopped mid thigh, shaping her hour glass figure as if she wore no clothing at all. Just below her breasts, the thick lace and beading started, trailing over her chest and coming into a halter that wrapped around her neck. Her skin was exposed from her shoulders down to the dimples in her lower back. Cutting off at the end of the curve in her lower back, right above her butt. She wore simple black tear drop earrings with smoky eye shadow and thick lashes. Her lips were painted with a deep wine like red, matching her skin perfectly. 

"I know." She smirked and walked off with her champagne. Her hips swayed slightly as she walked with her tall black heels.

He caught up to her and took her arm in his, leading her towards a group of middle aged men.

"Luke Riley!" One of the gentleman shook hands with Luke and the others turned their attention from gold to him.

"Mr. Dale, nice to see you again. How's the wife?"

"Oh she's rowdy as ever."

"Well, I'd like you to meet my... girlfriend, Jasmine." She looked at him with an approving smile and turned her pearly whites to the gentleman before her. She held her hand out to shake it, but Mr. Dale lifted it to his lips and pressed a light kiss to it.