5

"Can I work here?"

"Can I work here?"

How did I get here. I was just picking up groceries for dinner tonight and here I am. I'm practically begging for a job from the stranger at the club that I now know as Chris. Is it bad that i want this job considering the fact that Chris and Aubrey aren't too fond of each other . I wonder if Aubrey remembers exactly what happened that night. His temper got the best of him resulting in an altercation between him and Chris. He drank himself into a coma but this morning somehow he managed to get up for work. It seemed a little weird.

"I mean I can't just let you work here I gotta interview you first." Chris said leaning against the shelves. "You know see if your right for the job" he added.

Okay so what time should I come? I asked.

"I could've made you cum a few minutes ago but you stopped me"  he said as he licked his lips. I stared up at him trying not to smile at his childish yet sexy behavior. I was still flustered from the interaction but I would never admit it. The pool between my legs definitely decided to say hello as I thought about what he could do to me. No I have a husband and that's wrong. Right?

I didn't let the slick comment go unnoticed as I responded back with "you're so corny"

"Yea but you like it. But seriously just give me your number and I'll text you the date"

"Is this an attempt to get my number" I asked crossing my arms and smiling.

"Maybe but it's true I do need your number."

"Okay I'll give you my number but don't text me unless it's about this interview" I told him.

That statement probably went in one ear and out the other.

"Fa sho"'he said smiling.

This man had bad intentions and I knew it. After we exchanged numbers we said our goodbyes and Chris being Chris he had to hug me before I left. His hands traveled to my ass and I immediately pushed them off. "If I get this job there will be none of that" I said walking to the door. I didn't wait for a response as I left the store and walked to my car. I smiled to myself  feeling happy. Happy that I am finally being appreciated. I've been given attention that Aubrey definitely doesn't give me. I know this is wrong but it's just lust nothing more. I won't let it get past that. Me and Aubrey just have to work on things and we'll be back to normal again.

 Me and Aubrey just have to work on things and we'll be back to normal again

I danced to maniac by Jhené Aiko as I checked on my rice. I was now finally home cooking the long awaited dinner me and Aubrey are having. This is where I'm going to propose the news that I might be getting a job. Either he'll be happy or do that thing where he pretends he is happy. That's one thing I hate about him. He never expresses his feelings he always keeps them bottled up. It was never like that in the beginning. He used to always say something about everything no matter what. He always used to bring flowers home and go out to a restaurant one night out of the week. We used to have spontaneous sex and now it's becoming the same old routine. He's not worried about the compassion of it all it feels rushed. I hate to say it but it's boring, this marriage and my life have become boring. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to Chris. He's everything opposite of Aubrey. He's funny, he's outgoing, and most all of affectionate. I wonder what he's like in the bedroom... rough or passionate. I need to stop I shouldn't think  like this but I'll be damned if i don't find out. That was a joke.... I don't wanna find out do I?

I set the food on the table and wiped my hands on my apron. I slipped it off and poured two glasses of wine. I took a step back and examined my work. I'm missing napkins I told myself. I ran in the pantry to retrieve napkins and I placed them on the table. I took a deep breath, feeling myself getting nervous. I heard the front door open and Aubrey was now home.

"Babe I'm home" he yelled.

"I'm in the kitchen"

He stopped in front of the kitchen looking at the food.

"Hey baby I cooked your favorite for you. You know steak with rice and beans" I said smiling.

"Oh thank god cause I'm starving" he responded back

"Sit down let's eat"

We both took our seats at the table. Aubrey dug into his plate like he hadn't eaten in years. Silence took over the room and the silver forks hitting the plate was the only thing heard. I played around in my food before I finally said what I needed to say.

"How do you feel about me getting a job"

"Um I think that would be great. I mean we could use the extra money" he said while wiping his mouth with the napkin.

"Yea? You don't think it'll be a bad idea. I mean I might not be able to come home in time  to cook like I always do"

"Come here" he said. I got up and walked towards him and he pulled me into his lap.
"I will always appreciate what you do for me and I will always support you in what you do. You should go for that job and I should take over the cooking. I know this move has been hard but I'm trying to cope and adapt. I'm very happy for you baby just know that and to celebrate this news why don't we toast."

I grabbed my glass from across the table and smiled as Aubrey grabbed his.

"To your new job and new beginnings"

After dinner, We both laid in bed and Aubrey's light snores was heard throughout the room

After dinner, We both laid in bed and Aubrey's light snores was heard throughout the room. I checked my phone before I went to bed to read my unread messages. I smiled to myself seeing the message from that goofball.

See you tomorrow and wear something sexy. This interview will go down in history
                       -Chris

Hey guys❤️ i posted a new story called The Maid.  Go check it out and read the prologue chapter 1 will be posted in a little bit. 💙