Chapter 55 - Honeymoon in Paris

Riley sat on the airplane as it was getting ready to take off for their trip to Paris, the day before had been such a blur after the wedding had happened. Pictures were taken a cake was cut and now her life was different, but in a good way. She smiled at Lucas as he strapped himself into the seat next to her. Her friend the genius and his family had upgraded their tickets to first class without them knowing, they even had a suite ready for their first night as husband and wife. Riley didn't know whether to hug Farkle or kick his ass, the whole thing was ridiculous. Riley and Lucas had saved every penny they could to afford a small wedding but ended up with a lavish one paid for by her and Lucas's parents, so they used the money for their honeymoon only to have all of their savings put back into their account and their original plans to just go to a Bed and Breakfast only to get a trip to Paris. That was actually all on Lucas who made sure that Riley hadn't known until the last minute, he used everything he had saved since High School for this trip so the money that she had gotten back she used on something for Lucas. Her wedding present for her now husband was a white lab coat with his name on it for when he graduated and became a vet. It was in their apartment for when he got back along with a medical bag filled with everything he would need. The rest of the money she saved for when they returned to pay their bills and for food.

She smiled at him as he took her hand and kissed her fingertips. "How did I get to be so lucky," he said as she brushed her hand across his cheek.

"Well in seventh grade this clumsy girl was forced to let go of the pole on the subway only to be sent flying backwards into the lap of this handsome stranger, and although they would have their ups and downs over the years they would eventually realize that their feels for one another were stronger than anything they could have imagined," she smiled at him.

"Are you tired?" he looked into her eyes as she started to yawn.

"Yeah well some crazy person got a little too carried away last night and didn't let me get an ounce of sleep."

"Yeah I'm guilty, why don't you get some rest and I'll wake you up when they come around to give us our dinner," he said as she got comfortable.

"Just an hour I don't want to have jetlag when we get there," she yawned as the plane started taking off. "My ears popped."

"Yeah we're pretty high up now," he smiled. "Get some sleep, use my shoulder as a pillow if you want."

She did use his shoulder to sleep on because she wanted to be as close to him as possible. As she slept she dreamed about her wedding, trying to remember the smallest details that she could remember as her mind gave way to her dreams.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to present to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Lucas and Riley Friar," Zay announced to the ballroom filled with the friends and family.

Lucas took her hand and kissed it quickly as they began their walk into the hall, as they saw everyone they knew stood in front of them, clapping and smiling at them. Their parents stood at the main table clapping, her father was crying like a baby, her siblings all stood eargerly clapping along. Riley looked at their closest friends, Zay was the MC for the night smiling at the couple Sarah wasn't far from where he stood, Farkle and Smackle were holding hands as Farkle kissed his girl on the cheek, Riley thought they were so cute, Maya and Josh were wrapped around each other smiling at them as they walked in.

It took Riley a moment to fully take in what she was seeing, her mother had taken the reigns when it came to the wedding and the place was now a fairy tale. It was a sea of white tapestries and twinkling lights, small flowers entwined into the lights and mesh white fabric that lined the ceiling. It was breathtaking.