Chapter 58 - Snowstorm

(Note this a part of this chapter is from Cory's POV because he wasn't in Philly when the hearings were taking place, also this is the second part to the last chapter)

"Topanga," Cory yelled from the kitchen where he was working. "What's this charge from Philly?" he asked when she walked into the kitchen.

"I was in Philly the other day for work," she said not meeting his eyes.

"You're hiding something I know it, come on spill it... is it a surprise for me?" he said jumping up and down, but stopped when he noticed the serious look on his wife's face. "Topanga what is going on? You're not looking me in the eye you have this serious look on your face and I swear you start to twitch when you don't tell me something."

"I don't want you to freak out that's why," she said sitting down at the table with him. "I know you and when it comes to Riley you would do anything, you and Lucas are the same when it comes to her."

His eyes widened at the mention of his eldest daughter, "Something happened to Riley?"

"Yes but it's been taken care of, I didn't say anything because I know you that well," she sighed. He knew that she would have to tell him at some point.

"Topanga I have the right to know what's happening with our daughter, you can't keep this from me."

"I know," she said looking down at her hands. "Something happened to Riley last week, and she went to Mr. Feeny about it. I got a call from her two days ago because she wanted legal counsel for what was going to happen."

"Legal counsel... legal counsel... oh my poor baby, what did Lucas do to her?" he said automatically thinking the worse of the boy who married his daughter.

"Lucas didn't do anything, she kept this from him too because she knew how he would react, just like I kept it from you. Cory stop thinking the worst things about him, he's a good man who is taking care of our daughter," she said exasperated at her husband's reaction. "Okay, let's try this a different way, you remember when we were in college and that professor tried to take advantage of me?"

"Yeah I remember, he was such an ass but what does that have to do with Riley," he said. "She wasn't even born when that happened."

"Well a professor at the school used his position to try the same thing with our daughter."

"WHAT," he yelled out as he sprang out of the chair. "Is she okay? Did he do anything? I'm gonna kill him."

"Cory sit down," she said pulling him down to the chair. "Your daughter is one strong powerful person, she got herself out of that situation and even helped his other victims, he didn't have the chance to do anything to him because she kneed him in the balls and ran away."

"That's my girl," Cory said proud of his daughter. "But why wouldn't you come to me, why didn't she say anything?"

"Because she knows you better than you know yourself. Cory if she had told you what would have been the first thing that you would have done?"

"I would have gone down there and brought her home, she doesn't need to be in that environment if people are going to take advantage of her like that."

"Except she's an adult and can make her own decisions about where she goes and what she does. Your daughter was able to help so many people by coming forward, she was able to bring closure and even put someone behind bars because of what they did. If she wasn't going to be a doctor she would have made one hell of a lawyer."

Cory sat there and thought about what Topanga was saying but he knew that he still wanted to talk to his daughter. He looked at his wife trying not to look like he was about to run out the door and get in his car only to drive to Philly to see his kid. But Topanga grabbed onto his sweater and pulled him down.