3rd

"Death?" The blue-eyed guard announced swinging his hand back and forth as he leant lazily back against the chair. Hans said nothing but sat looking glumly at the guard. He'd been moved to the first cell in the prison, the one right next to the guards table, to be watched at all times. "No." The guard said decisively, still swinging his hand. "That's no way to treat a King." Hans raised an eyebrow as the guard. "And you should've been king, YOU should have the glory that your eldest brother has." Still Hans said nothing but this time he nodded. The guard nodded in a way which suggest that he was slightly drunk. The guard looked down the row of cells to the dozing guard who was slumped against the wall and smiled to himself before creeping closer to Hans.

"I'm Lögnare. Lögnare Och Snö Drottning Hämnd."

Hans glowered at him. "Do I care?"

Lögnare scowled at Hans and licked his lips tuttering to himself. "I'm Swedish." The guard said as if he were hinting at something. Hans opened his mouth to repeat himself but Lögnare cut in. "Of course a man on his death bed might want to know. But a king, no I'm foolish." Lögnare winked and moved back slightly, his lips parting into a cheeky smile as he lividly took up the space. "You King Hans are what truly inspires me. You're so great and so smart. YOU are the only one of your brothers who has the cunning and wit to come up with such a brilliant scheme. And can tell you now that it is only you, with your handsome and cunning and wit, who should rule this land. Only you have the true right."

Hans nodded a smile forming on his face.

"It should not be you who sits in the hands of death but your foolish brothers. You're much too attractive and smart for death!" Several more cunning flatteries rolled from Lögnare's tongue and Hans smile grew with each word. Hans, in many ways, was like a dragon; cunning and smart, egotistical and hateful, rich and power hungry. But Hans, unlike a dragon was not wise, he was not able to capture the fact that Lögnare was purposely trying to tear a point from him, Hans could only hear the rich sound of his ego inflating. Lögnare released a sad sigh and shook his head. "Such brilliance, so dumbly wasted. Lögnare looked down at the guard who'd just awoken, Lögnare nodded at the guard who returned the gesture and marched down the stairs into the lower bowls of the prison. Lögnare smiled to himself, shaking his head at their dumbness. Hans sighed and dipped his head, running his hands through his hair. Lögnare poured something into a glass and turned to Hans lifting it in offering. Hans stood up and waltzed to the cell bars hopefully.

"I suppose you know all your way through the castle too, that you know the ins and outs of the treasure holds too."

"Of course." Hans blurted out, "I know the codes and the secret passages, I know how to get in and out of the castle unnoticed. " He announced, drunk on his bloated ego.

"Such a waste of brilliance." Lögnare murmured to himself as he stood with the cup in hand, his eyes widened hungrily as he looked again over the princes body. "Brilliance." He said again.

"Alcohol?" Hans croaked nodding to the cup and Lögnare smiled.

"Better." He said darkly.

Hans drunk eagerly, finishing the whole cup in a single swoop and Lögnare chuckled his warm eyes smiling as Hans who pulled in horror from the cup and threw it across the stone. Lögnare tossed a nervous look own the empty prison floor.

"That was terrible!" Hans roared. Lögnare stepped forward sensually, his voice was low and gruff.

"That's because you have had the other half."

Lögnare hands wrapped around Hans's shirt and pulled him against the bars, Hans's lips were parted to cry out in protest but before he could cry out Lögnare's lips pressed against his and their tongues met. Han's eyes were wide with horror and he struggled but then his body relaxed and Hans pressed himself eagerly against Lögnare. There was a rattling if the jail door and Lögnare quickly pulled away making Hans croak. Hans collapsed against the wall breathing heavily and watching Lögnare march up the steps to meet the other guard. He had a purple vile in his hand and he turned to Hans with a dark smile before leaving.

"Told you the other half was better." He announced ignoring the guard's confused stare as he walked smoothly away.

Hans slunk into the dark of his cell and lay curled in his deep confusion and bursting ego, he tossed and turned with Lögnare's eyes flashing in his eyes mind. Finally he fell into a wrecked slumber which flashed with livid dreams of Lögnare and of being king but each sweet dream ended with his head rolling to the floor.