IV. Frogs, Satin, Lace and a Kiss

This is probably the hardest chapter I've written so far. Enjoy!

Alexander Pryce ----> <3

CHAPTER 4

Ribiiit… ribiiittt…

What is that sound? I attempt to pull the covers up over my head but I feel a soft thump on my left. I open my eyes drowsily.

The first thing I see is a green slimy thing with a huge pair of black round eyes.

I leap from the bed, falling with a loud thud on the floor and I scream so loud until I am out of breath. My heart is beating so fast and I feel my legs shake.

I hate frogs. I’m afraid of frogs. You would be, too if you happen to see a dozen of frogs leaping out from your school locker when you were a kid.

I hear giggles from the door and I rise to my feet and see Angelica. She has one hand covering her mouth in an attempt to stifle her laughter. White spots appear on my vision and I am so angry I begin to shake more. Without any thought I sprint for her.

Pequeño diablo!” I shriek. I want to murder this child.

She’s a fast runner for a kid, I have to admit. But I just woke up so my limbs are not cooperating like they should.

Some servants have probably heard my scream and now they are standing on the hallway as we pass by, their eyes alight with curiosity.

Angelica dashes inside a room with a big door at the end of the hallway. I go inside after her and what greeted me stopped me dead in my tracks.

Alexander is standing there, wearing nothing but a pair of striped boxers, his hair ruffled from sleep, overnight stubble appears on his chin. But what really zooms me in is his body. Damn this guy is sexy. His body is athletically built, with just the right muscle tone.

 I know I should be ashamed to stare at him like this, but I’m only human for pity’s sake, and even if he is a jerk, he really is drop dead gorgeous.

“She’s trying to hurt me, Alex.” Angelica comes up from behind Alex looking like a forlorn angel.

I can’t believe it! This little imp! But before I could even let out a coherent sentence, Alexander shoots me glare.

“You haven’t even been here for twenty four hours and you already terrorize my sister.” He says almost quietly, which makes him look even scarier.

I can’t even speak. This is beyond unbelievable. I can’t believe I am being framed by a six year-old! I open my mouth to spat a nasty retort but I close it again as I see what happens next.

Alex turns to Angelica and pats her head and I am taken aback by his expression while he looks at his sister. His blue eyes turn soft, his face relaxes and his mouth, for the first time, is set in a small smile. He looks even more beautiful, if that is even possible.

“Go ahead to your nanny, my angel. I will talk to Cassandra.”

Angelica nods and without looking at me, saunters out of the room. I hear the door close and I look at Alex again.

He crosses his arms on his chest and smirks.

“So, you slap me yesterday and now you run into my room wearing nothing but a thin negligée.”

I gasp. I look down and see that I’m still wearing the red Victoria’s Secret satin and lace slip I donned last night. I almost want to cover myself with my arms. But I refuse to appear embarrassed. Instead I stand up a little straighter and raise an eyebrow at him.

“Don’t flatter yourself. I wear stuff like these every night.” I lie. I usually wear cartoon sleepshirts but my entire luggage has not arrived yet, fortunately there are already some clothes in the built-in closet in my bedroom. Unfortunately all the sleepwear in there are slips and negligées. The one I’m wearing now is the most modest of them all.

“Besides, I thought you were leaving the country for some business trip?”

“I decided not to leave.” He takes a few steps towards me.

“What? Why?” I unconsciously take a few steps back, but I’m too close to the door so I force myself to stop. It takes every ounce of my being not to flee, but I won’t allow this man to get the best of me again.

“For reasons that do not concern you. Let me make myself clear, though.”

 His eyes turn intense. He is so close now that I’m finding it harder to breathe. I have never been this close to him before and I notice that his lashes, specked gold, are long and thick. It might have looked feminine on any other man but this man is so masculine, no part of his body could ever be considered feminine. I notice, too, that his blue eyes have tints of grey in them. What beautiful eyes... eyes that, currently, are looking at me with pure intensity.

“You do not have the right to bully my sister. If I ever hear again that you did something to scare her, you will have to suffer the consequences.”

My mind reels for a reply, but wait, is he threatening me? Nobody threatens me.

“What consequences are you talking about?” I look at him full on, not wavering.

He seems to be taken off guard by my fearless reply but he quickly snaps off it. His eyes turn intense again and he drops his gaze to settle on my mouth. I stop breathing. He moves closer to me, making me back off until I feel the hardness of the door touch my back. He doesn’t stop until our faces are just inches apart, and then leans his hands on the door, trapping me.

“You don’t want to know.” He whispers huskily, his eyes settle on mine again and I see desire written on them. “But trust me; I will take great pleasure in punishing you.”

Suddenly the room feels so hot. I look at him, then to his mouth.

I don’t think. I lean closer until my lips meet his.

I just stop thinking altogether. I am not capable of thinking anymore… instead, I feel.

I feel the softness of his lips, his stubble pinching my skin. I feel him tense for a second, but he relaxes and pushes himself to me. I clutch at his sides, digging my fingers into his flesh. I feel his hand at the back of my head, crushing his lips to mine. An eternity seems to pass by. I feel his tongue, forcing my lips to open.

What am I doing? What the hell am I doing?

I push him away, suddenly. I catch my breath and look at him. His breathing is ragged and the desire in his eyes I saw I a while ago has turned into raging flames. It takes every inch of my self-preservation not to jump at him and kiss him again, but I have to stay focused. This man has treated me abominably so far, and here I am, kissing him with all of my being. It’s not supposed to be like this. I don’t even like him.

I look at him, mustering all my courage to appear indifferent.

“Is that it?” I smirk. “I’ve handled a lot better than that.”

And with that, I turn, open the door and close it. I flee to my room.

________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think? Someone asked me to describe Alex more, and I tried to in this chapter. I hope you liked it! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Much Love,

Gen