Chapter [4]: Emotion

{...I know you care, I know it is always been there.}

◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶

When I said I had a bad feeling about Alice Jone's dad, it was increasing by the second. I was cooking myself a breakfast like a normal person when I felt someone was watching me. I brushed that feeling off but then I started feeling like I was naked under that person's stare. I looked around me then looked out of the window to see him, staring at me with a cigarette in his mouth. His head was slowly bowed and his eyes were dark. When I caught his stare, he didn't look away but only narrowed his eyes. I nodded towards him but he didn't nod back. I'm not sure if he nodded or not since I can barely make out his features. 

That wasn't his first time staring at me that day. When I opened the mailbox and took Ashton's pink paper he put there, I felt Alice Jone's dad's stare on my back. I didn't look back at him, I acted like I didn't feel the daggers he was sending me. What's his problem? Have I done something to him unintentionally? Did he want the house? I shook my head and tried to shook away the feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

As I acted like he didn't exist, I read Ashton's message and chuckle lowly to myself. He said that he found something that looked like a diaper in his mother's bathroom and he asked if I knew what was it. I laughed loudly at that, because well.. that's quite embarrassing question. I need to inform his mother to not let him go to her bathroom without her knowing. I then wrote him back, I said that I have no idea what was it and he shouldn't look through anyone's stuff, even if it was your mother. 

I looked up when I was about to walk to Ashton's house and Alice Jone's father was nowhere to be seen. I sighed in relief because his glares were terrifying me, he must realized how much of a creep he looked. Then I drove to school. 

When I arrived, Zayn was waiting for me outside the teacher's room. I greeted him and he greeted me back. We made our self a cup of coffee then started walking around the school. Something inside me really wanted to go to my first English class, knowing that Alice Jones supposed to be there, I don't know why I'm calling her Alice Jones, but I like it more than a simple Alice. It's not like I don't like Zayn's company, but I wanted to talk to Alice in private, I think she could open up to me like that. That feeling vanished when we passed the class and I saw it was empty. 

"Mine at 6 and don't be late." Zayn brought me back to reality. He was pointing a finger at me and I chuckled, nodding my head. 

"Don't worry mate, I'll be there. But please don't act all lovey dovey with your girlfriend. I'm still heartbroken and single you know." I said as I shook my head. I hope tomorrow will be okay, and I can't wait to meet his girlfriend. 

"Oh yeah. Alright." We walked in silence for a minute and I knew he has something to say but he was hesitated to say it or not. "Um, you've never told me about your ex girlfriend. You've only said 'I'm heartbroken, oh my god' and 'I don't care anymore, oh my god' or 'I'm changing my life Zayn and you'll see, oh my god'. So? What's your story?" He said in a horrible Irish accent and raised an eyebrow. I burst out laughing, catching some of the student's attention. I didn't say oh my god that much, only once and I've never said I was heartbroken except now. 

"You're such a liar." I narrowed my eyes at him and he just shrugged, chuckling. "My ex girlfriend's name was Mia and she broke up with me." I told him, raising both of my eyebrows to say that I'm done, this is all I can explain. 

"Okay then, that's enough information." He said, then we started a different conversation. He said that the dinner will be pizza and I said okay, even though I'm not supposed to eat unhealthy food. Then he laughed and playfully hit my arm, saying that I'm a good guy. I'm not sure what he meant or why he said that but I mumbled a thank you anyway. Then the bell rang and I went to my class and he went to his.