Chapter [2]: Impressions

{...Didn't want to leave you, with the wrong impression.}

◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶

I woke up immediately at the sound of rain drops, but didn't dare to move from my laying position on the bed. The room is quite, very quite and I liked it. The only thing that can be heard is the thunder and the harsh rain, proving me that is not fully silence here. But to me, it came out as music, soft music that is relaxing me. My eyes are closed as I enjoyed listening to the rain hit every surface, the thunder is making my heart fill up with hope for no reason.

I turned my head to the side and opened my eyes, looking straight at the calendar. October 18. It's been two weeks since I moved into this town and I did everything I planned. I wen't grocery shopping by myself, I went to the gym everyday, I ran everyday in the morning. I ate only healthy food and my stomach started to crave junk food so I awarded myself a snack bar once in a week. But the thing that didn't seem to go in plan is that I changed the flat, and bought a house. I moved out of the flat the previous week because I really couldn't handle living there. I'm shocked that I survived a whole week.

I've never gone to sleep peacefully my first week in here because there's always parties, and it happened to be in the flat next door. Everyday, the guy would throw a loud party and I tried to sleep but unfortunately couldn't. I couldn't handle the loud music bursting through my door. I was mad that they ruined my first week of changing my life. So I moved out. I bought a small house in a nice street and the neighbors are quite, and I already love them even though I still didn't introduce myself to anyone. Since that week that I moved out, I slept peacefully, everyday. But, it never rained. Until now.

The house that I bought is small, not small, but a perfect size for a single man. It has two floors and a basement. The first floor has a small, comfy and warm living room with a kitchen and a small dining room and a bathroom. The second floor has two bedrooms and a guest room and every room is connected with it's own bathroom. There's also an extra empty room, for probably a game room if I had any children or it could be a library but I decided on leaving it like that. Maybe one day I'll have a nice day. Like you can see, my house is your typical house, nothing special.

I chuckled at the memory of that fat women in the reception when I told her I was leaving. She pouted but then rolled her eyes and before I exited the building, she gave me the middle finger which made me shook my head in disbelief. A women like her still does that. I don't even do that, unless if it's necessary.

While I was doing everything I planned on changing, I looked for a job. A part time job. But every time I applied for a job, they said that they'd call me back, but they never did. So I settled on I might get a real job, which I did. I applied for being a teacher at three different schools and for my luck, this one school, the high school English teacher is going to give a birth and she quit. I took the opportunity and applied for the job and they immediately give it to me. That happened a week ago and today is my first day.

And talking about my first day, I don't want to be late. I quickly got off the bed and walked to the bathroom with only boxers. I need to leave a first good impression, I told myself. I showered, taking my time because I got up more than early, because of the rain. It's my first day in school, and it's raining. Do you think what I think? Yes, rain is wishing me a good luck. Because I need that.

I exit the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around my waist. I checked out my body in mirror and a smirk made its way to my lips. The gym really did something, and it has only been two weeks. But I've been working hard. I looked at the time and saw that I have two more hours till I can go to the school. I sighed as I looked at my closet. I've never been the one who cares about what to wear, but this is my first day, and I'm confused on what to wear, a suit or casual clothes. I don't want to make a first good impression on teachers, I want the students. I need them to be comfortable with me, and I want them to feel like I'm their friend, not their teacher so that I can send the information right and more comfortably.