The Affair

Josh's Pov;

My phones blowing up in my pocket, buzzing and ringing non-stop, but I don't answer it. Instead of answering any of the calls and texts from my girlfriend Claudia, I switch the phone to mute and keep walking until I get to the table holding all the drinks. She wanted to be with me tonight for the after party being thrown to continue the festivities from the final Mockingjay Part 1 premiere that just ended about an hour ago. I should have called her and just admitted that I didn't want to bring her, but instead I just flat out decided to ignore her and leave her hanging. I've done that a lot lately and I know it hurts her, but I can't seem to stop. If I tell her the truth that I don't want to bring her along to any of the press events she'll ask why and I can't tell her why. I can't tell her that I can't have her here because I can't allow her to be in the same room as Jen. If Claudia sees me with Jen she'll know what I've been doing behind her back for months now and that'll crush her. It's best to keep her in the dark than to let her see for herself all the things I'm too selfish and weak to tell her. I take a sip of my vodka infused beverage as I look around, looking for one person in particular. She appears in the center of the crowd, Liam at her side holding her arm as they make their way through the center of the grand room. She's dressed in a red cocktail dress and stilettos. She stands out among everyone else. It's as if the dim overhead lights are shining only on her. Liam escorts her over to me, then passes her off so I can replace his hand on her arm. "I was just helping with the walk. I'll be on my way now." Liam says, turning to join a group of some of our other co-stars and a few strangers I can't recognize. Liam knows what Jen and I have been doing and he doesn't agree with it at all, but he understands. I feel confident that he won't tell anyone, he values the friendship between the three of us too much. "Hey, I was looking for you." I lean in close to Jen as I talk, holding her steady with one arm. "Really? You were looking for me?" She asks, her voice seductively low. I can tell she's already managed to get herself drunk by the unnatural shimmer in her eyes. That must be why Liam had to walk her to me and why she's swaying so much now. "Yeah. I was looking for you." I down my drink in one quick gulp, then grab another and do the same. "Come on." I lead her into the darkest corner of the room and to one of the chairs sitting up against the wall. It's dark and crowded enough that there's no chance of anyone finding us here. I ease her down onto my lap as I sit on the chair, and she leans in and plants a big kiss on my lips. She rocks her body against mine to the steady beat of the music playing over the loud speakers. The movement lights a fire deep inside my core and brings blood rushing directly between my legs. She laughs in my ear, as she feels my erection burning into her. She hums along to the voice of an unrecognizable female singer who's voice is overpowered by Jen's soft humming in my ear. I can't focus on anything but her, I'm trapped, entranced by her. It's like my whole world is centered around her. She is my gravity, pulling me in. She has me like no one else ever could. I don't know if she feels the same when I'm around. She's got a fiancee. Her longtime on and off again boyfriend, Nic. They're supposed to get married next year sometime, but I'm not sure if she'll go through with it or not. She's not the type who makes us her mind easily. She thinks the choices she makes are permanent right up until she flips and does the opposite. I know it'd be stupid to think she'd ever love me or choose me the way I would for her if she asked me to. Yes, she's cheating on her soon to be maybe husband with me, but that doesn't really mean anything to me. People cheat for all kinds of reasons. It's more likely she's just unfulfilled in some way. There's something he isn't doing for her, something I am doing for her. Maybe she's just overwhelmed by the huge commitment of marriage or maybe she's bored. Whatever her reason for being with me right now is, I won't confuse it with love. Her lips brush my earlobe, then her teeth graze it and I groan. One hand pressed to her back, I go to reach for her hair with my free hand but stop myself. She's got it styled up in a very exact way that can hold all her short blonde hairs together in a bundle. I don't want to mess that up for her. I know how difficult it's been for her to keep it in the style she wants since she's been growing out her pixie and it's grown all awkward and unruly. She grinds her hips into my middle as I settle for wrapping my hand around the back of her neck, missing her hair. My fingertips skim the base of her throat, her pulse thumping steadily beneath my fingers. I press into her throat gently with two fingers and she tilts her head back, taking a shaky breath. I can't hear the music anymore, all I can hear is a pulse. I can't tell if it's hers or mine, all the blood has left my head to pulsate elsewhere. "Had enough of the party yet?" I ask her, my voice low and suggestive. I have a hotel room ready for us to use as soon as she says the word. "Yes." She swallows hard, her eyes connecting with mine. "Let's get out of here." She says and from then on her wish is my command.