Chapter 20 : Calm Down

You were greeted with white lights when you opened your eyes. Surrounding you were Kaito, the gang, Takao, Ryn and Takigawa. They were looking at you worriedly.

     When you sat up, Ryn was the first to react.

"Guys! He's awake!" Ryn stood up immediately.

     As you tried to sit up, you felt a sharp pain on your head and fell forward. Takigawa helped you lean back on your pillow. Your head was wrapped in bandages.

"Careful, (y/n). You were hit hard on the head. Concussion was confirmed, but no serious head injury. Luckily it was just a slight injury," said your manager with a worried look on his face.

"Injury...?" You asked, in a daze.

     In a fraction of a second, everything that happened came back to you, images flashing past your eyes. The attacker, kidnapping, fighting, tears, Miku...

"Miku," you said and shot up immediately, giving everyone a fright. You grabbed Kaito's collar and pulled him closer.

"Where, is, Miku, Kaito?" You growled at him.

"Calm down, man," stammered Kaito, stepping backwords.

"DON'T F*CK WITH ME!" You shouted. "Where is Miku?! ANSWER ME!!"

      Kaito sighed and looked at Luka, who nodded and slowly approached you. She extended her hands and gave you a file.

     You snatched it from her and immediately tore it open. You emptied the contents in it, making papers scattering all over your bed.

     Some contained pictures, others are letters and words written all over it. You looked through them hurriedly, and your eyes met one which looks exactly like your attacker in the photo.

      You pointed at the photo and asked Kaito:

"Who is he? What does he have to do with me? WHAT ABOUT MIKU?!!" You were getting impatient by the second.

"Hold up, (y/n). I can't answer you like that," Kaito held up his hands. "These are merely camera footage, we still haven't been able to identify the person."

     Your eyes moved across the papers and met the grey van that took Miku. You shoved it to Kaito, demanding answers.

"The police are working on it," he said. "There's nothing we can do about it."

"DAMN!!" You swiped all the papers of your bed and pounded your fists on your legs, panting hard.

"(Y/n), calm down!" Said Ryn.

"How would you expect me to be calm in a situation like this?!!" You screamed at him. "Miku's gone, we don't even know where she is, who are they, what their objective is, what will they..."

     You trailed off as tears formed in your eyes and dripped on the blanket. You held your hands to your face.

"....do to Miku.... I failed to protect her..." you sobbed silently as everyone sat by you.

"(Y/n)..." muttered Ryn.

     Just then, the door opened, revealing two official-looking men. They entered in silence and looked around the room. They made their way to your side and said:

"Hello, (y/n). I'm Officer thenick50, in charge of this case."

"And I'm Detective Kirisuna, also in charge of this case. We would like to ask you some question-" Before the second man asked you a question, you pushed him away.

"Everyone, f*ck out of here. Leave me alone," you muttered, still crying.

"(Y/n)-san-" started thenick50, when you shouted as loud as you can.