New beginnings

Prince's POV
This was a really messed up situation, it was like one moment you woke up happy because life was going just fine and you just liked it where you are, then all of a sudden a tsunami will just hit you, driving you away from where you feel comfortable,driving you away from everything you had ever known.
Shelly's pregnancy was a hard blow to my reputation and my parents image as well, I mean how will people regard us, my parents who are both church elders ,how was I going to cope with the shame, but I knew I had to face the consequences of my actions, especially after what she nearly did to herself today.
With these thoughts in mind, and with my mind made up, I drifted off to sleep
I woke up with a start, someone was knocking loudly on my door, screaming and shouting for me to come out.
I had no doubt it was my mom. As I struggled between sanity and insanity, I walked over to the door and unlocked it, my mom stood in the doorway looking like angry Dracula, while she sized me up and down, "to the living room now!",she yelled as I followed behind, each step to the living room felt like walking my way to hell.
Upon my entering the living room,my Daddy got up to hit me but Shelly's parent stopped him before he could.
All said and done, it was agreed that my parents would take care of Shelly and I until she delivered, and until I completed my schooling which was a year away and took on my Dads business.
It was like my Dad just understood, I mean the man was unpredictable, one minute he's wanting to thrash the hell out of me,the next he's willing to let me have his job so I can cater for my girlfriend.
After Shelly and her parents left, mom pulled me down, and spoke to me at length, You all can testify how mothers can preach at length about one thing.
It was going to be a long night.
And I bet you what a night it was.

____________________________________

It's been four months since I got to know that my few minutes affair with Shelly had led to a pregnancy, Shelly was doing quite well I must say for a girl who just got pregnant, she changes moods faster than Usain Bolt but that's okay because am getting used to it.
Am getting used to being a teenage.
After Shelly's parent discovered she was pregnant four months ago, they had abandoned her on my parents, saying they wanted nothing to do with her because she was a disgrace to her family and to her church.
My mom took full responsibility of her even though my Dad totally disagreed and complained for days on end but eventually he got used to her presence around the house and accepted her as one of the family.
School soon reopened and as I got ready for school, I also prepared for the teasing that my mates at school were going to tease me, the names they would call me, and so forth, but I just hoped with time, it would die out.
I was pushed out of my reverie when a hand suddenly tapped me on the neck,I turned around, and then smiled, it was Shelly telling me that dinner was ready.
Ever since she came into our home, she prepared the meals while my parents where away at work, and after they got back, she prepared their meals as well.
Dad for once was grateful because he no longer had to wait for mom to come home from work to cook dinner before he eats.
Shelly made sure he ate heated water for his bath before he left for work again.
Dad owned two chains of company's,so he was always about and moving.
But above all his busy schedule, he made sure to have time for the family, especially now that Shelly was part of us.
One funny thing was that, mom stayed up late with Shelly most times, way into the night when everyone was asleep,before they finally retired to bed, intact I feel mom does it on purpose, I feel she does it so that I would go to bed before Shelly, so I wouldn't sneak into her room like I do every night when I think everyone is asleep.
I smiled as went down the stairs to dinner.
As usual, Mom and Dad sat at the head of the table while Shelly sat beside Dad, leaving me nowhere to sit than beside Mom.
During dinner, Mom spoke on length about how Shelly was such a good cook, and how she has been managing the household so well.
Dad and I on the other hand were engrossed in conversation concerning his companies.
I have never felt this close to my parents in my whole life.
It's like Shelly brought light to my family again through some cruel twist of faith and irony of life.
After dinner while she and Mom cleaned up, Dad invited me to his study for a chat.
We spoke at length into the night, Dad told me how proud he was of me for been responsible and accepting responsibility for Shelly and her unborn baby. After, we spoke more about his companies, and then we spoke about random stuff.
We retired to bed afterwards.
Early the next morning, after Dad and Mom had left for work, I took Shelly to the mall, where we shopped for clothes for the baby and herself.
I must admit, that was tiring and fun in a twisted kind of way, especially the part where we fought over what gender of clothes we should buy, she decided to shop for female clothes whiles I shopped for the male clothes.
After she dragged me to the food court even though I was complaining of how my feet hurt.
Eventually we got home me tired from carrying shopping bags on end,and Shelly telling me to stop whining because that was my job.
I rolled my eyes at her as she pushed me, sending me and the shopping bags falling to the floor.
She laughed as she climbed up the stairs to her room while I uttered a string of curses under my breath.
The best part of the day came when my parents finally returned from work and Shelly served us with her sumptuous evening meal consisting of jollof rice and fried chicken with special homemade salad.
As we ate, we each spoke about how our day went and eventually I complained about how tired I was from carrying bags and bags of shopping around.
Mom told me to suck it up and stop behaving like my Dad, my Dad rolled his eyes and the got up and told me to follow suit if I wanted peace, because once two ladies started on their men, it took ages before they finished.
I chuckled as Shelly stuck her tongue out at me childishly.
And that was how pretty much the night went.

Please don't forget to vote, much love.