Chapter 5

I love you guys so much! Thank you for 200+ views on my story!! And I'm sorry this took so long but it's finally here! Sorry for all the monologue, but it's very necessary ;)

*********

*********

I couldn't deal with the pain that took over my senses. My eyes fluttered close, sending me into deep sleep. However, I didn't see darkness. I saw someone. As I walked closer to the person, I realized who it was.

Ryland.

Pure disgust filled me. Here he was, standing alone, why? He left me alone, but now look at him. He was as alone as I was, or even worse. I didn't care much about his feelings anymore. Ryland had only cared about himself. He left me to rot in this life. I wanted to get revenge on the poor man. Little did he know that I was strong.

I didn't need to depend on him, nor any other man. I was independent, strong. I scoffed, gaining Ryland's attention. His eyes widened only for a fraction of a second. They returned back to normal, holding an unknown emotion. I recognized it after a while though.

Love. I saw it in his eyes. He still loved me. However, I could never return those feelings. It was over. It was over the second he ran. I never doubted my decision to stop liking Ryland. I never looked back on it either. Yet, here he is with all his audacity. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Kara, babe." I cringed away from him. Those words were not sweet anymore. I could just feel the venom dripping from each letter. I didn't think he noticed. He never paid attention to my emotions. Even back then, it was all about him. Why didn't I leave him sooner? He was just coming back to haunt me.

"Don't back away from me, you know you want me." I took several steps back, shaking my head no. I don't want him. He can go stick a knife up his hole. In fact, I'd do it myself to prove the point. Ryland was always a headstrong person. It scared me. He never got to the point of abusing me, but it was so near.

I never knew why I chose to be with him in the first place. I knew something was off the day I laid eyes on him, but he was so sweet. That was until the possessive came, then the obsession. He never dared to lay a hand on me yet. I would always try to convince him not to. I always said I was busy and that I couldn't be near him.

Yet that day, four years ago, I decided to go out with him. I felt bad that we hadn't been on a date in a long time. Our one year anniversary was coming up soon, I shrugged off the bad feeling and decided to go. Little did I know that was the worst mistake of my life.

My life was completely ruined after that day. No, it was ruined on that day. I never even got to see my family, my family that never cared for me. I got left behind, by everyone. Not just Ryland. Everyone. No one loved me then, and no one loves me now. I knew that much.

"Kara, I love you," I didn't even know tears were rolling down my face until they dropped on my small hands, letting me feel the salty liquid. Why was I crying? I looked up at Ryland and realized he was nearing me. I moved back again. I would never let him touch me. Not again, "Damn it Kara! Let me love you!"

"No," Although my voice was hoarse and quiet, it held so much power. Still, that didn't give Ryland a reason to back away. No, it gave him even more of a reason to come closer to me. I screamed when I couldn't move anymore. Why couldn't I move? No matter how hard I tried, my limbs wouldn't budge an inch.

His sickening, warm hands held my face. I spit on his face, refusing to let him touch me, "Don't you dare touch me." Ryland simply wiped off the spit, smirking. I realized that I've never been more scared of anything in my life. Ryland was the bane of my existence. He was worse than that stupid creature.

His face inched closer to mine, that grin of his still etched on his face. I shook my head no. Someone save me. Someone please save me. Please help me.

Save me.

*********

Sorry it was kind of short. I have writer's block at the moment! Also, everything might seem like it's moving too fast, but do not worry. I have everything under control ;)

Please vote, comment, and follow! (Well you should just do your thang instead, I'd rather eat than vote so I totally understand you)

IMPORTANT: If anyone is abusing you please tell someone about it. You are so special, don't let yourself down like this. You can do it, you can stand up to them. I believe in you. This isn't something that should be kept to yourself. There's a lot of people who care about you so don't keep it in. I'm sure someone is worried about it. Please do your best. I know it's hard, but I want the best for you and abuse is not ok. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here, I'll support and pray for you.