Locked out

Imagine

Imagine...

You are forced to go out to a bar with your crazy roommate Emma. She ends up getting drunk and going back to some guy's dorm. That normally wouldn't be a problem for you except that she has the only key into your dorm because you accidentally forgot yours inside. A handsome and gruff Leonard McCoy comes along and helps you out by using his medical override code. After the encounter you only hope that you can see him again.

"I really don't think this is such a good idea Emma" You said as you waited by the door of your dorm and waited for your roommate to get done getting dressed. "Oh c'mon (Y/N) don't be a stick in the mud huh? We just finished our exams and if we passed then in the next four weeks we'll be heading to our ship assignments" Emma laughed from the bedroom that you both shared. "It's easy for you to say. You have a safety net; you can always be a starship entertainer. I don't have the body or skills for that and I would rather get a real job on a starship like a science officer" You retorted crossing your arms tightly over your chest. "And you will, but for now you gotta let go because we won't the exam score until next week" Emma answered finally coming into full view and wearing a short dress (I mean very short), A pair of silver pumps, enough makeup for two girls, and a few bracelets dangling from her wrist. You rolled your eyes at the sight of her and then grabbed your favorite science division hoodie that you had gotten from the science bowl last year while being on Professor Spock's team. "I wish you'd let me make you gorgeous like this" Emma chirped grabbing her little black handbag and then joining you by the door. "Touch me and your dead woman" You growled and glared icy daggers at her. "Sorry I'm just saying" Emma laughed nervously as she opened the door and stepped outside. "Well I don't want the attention of every man on campus either Emma" You answered pulling your hoodie tighter to your body and then pulled the hood up over your ears. "And that's why you can never have fun. You are such a tight throat and you don't know how to cut loose" Emma answered trailing slightly behind you. "Whatever. Look can we get to the bar already, I don't want to miss happy hour again" You said flatly ending the argument with that and running up to the tram stop. "That's my girl (Y/N)" Emma laughed and ran to catch up with you.

The Starfleet tram took students all around campus including to the miniature town that was basically on campus. The mini-town included a few bars and restaurants, a mall, a movie theater, an arcade, sports center, medical clinic, and even a grocery store. Most cadets affectionately named the place 'Shooting Star Plaza' because in the fountain that rested in the center of the place had so many dreams and wishes placed in it every day. You rarely went to that part of campus unless one of your friends dragged you there or unless you needed something for your fridge back at the dorm. To say the least, the place wasn't really a bad place, it was just too crowded for you most of the time.

You did meet a few of your friends because of the place and if it hadn't been for Emma getting hurt during one of her soccer practices you might have never met him. 'Him' being a medical cadet who was only a few years older than you, but still in your year. His name was Doctor Leonard McCoy and he was tall, somewhat lean, his eyes a warm brown and he always seemed to look grumpy. You only guessed that he was grumpy because of his wild roommate, a kid only about a year younger than you, named Jim Kirk. Leonard was very attractive though and you had wondered why all the ladies weren't crawling on him just like they were on his roommate. You sadly never got the chance to see him much except for the occasional encounter in the hallways or a lucky meeting in the cafeteria. Even if you didn't know him well you had somehow developed a huge crush on him and it compelled you to want to learn more about him. This was held back by your sheer shyness and fear that he would probably reject you anyway. As the tram passed by the medical facility you couldn't help, but think about him because you just wondered if he was working a shift there tonight. You knew it was the start of the weekend, but you remembered him one time grumbling about having to be a part of the graveyard crew.