2: Nostalgia

Hey guys! Finally have a new chapter for you! Don't forget about my contest (read my a/n for more info on that) and comment on my chapters for shout outs! You guys are the best! Love you all (:
----------------

I wake up in time to see the sun rising, so I watch it while sitting at my window. The colors are very beautiful; shimmers of light wake up the sky. The stars fade out and the morning fades in. Faint music of chirping birds and soft hints of crickets can be heard. I smile, gorgeous. I think of my family, likewise. I lay back down and fall asleep once more.

This time I wake up as my alarm goes off. I rub my eyes and yawn. I'm a bit tired. The sun has now risen up into the once dark sky. I get up, shutting the alarm off and grabbing my preset outfit. I head to my bathroom to change. Andrew wouldn't be here to see me off to school today but it wasn't that surprising. Just because people change doesn't mean that their jobs do too.

Today was the first day of the second semester. I smiled happily. I had survived. We had survived. I put on my outfit. For today I had picked out a pair of washed out light blue jeans, the cuffs rolled up to my shins. For my top I had chosen a plain white off the shoulder top. I curled my hair, added a floral patterned bracelet and necklace, and slid on my white flats. There was a knock at the door. 7:00, and right on time.

I rushed downstairs to greet Kota. I opened the door and was greeted by his smile. "Good morning, Sang. You look beautiful this lovely morning."

I laughed shyly. "You flatter me, Kota."

He smiled and gave a small chuckle. It was just as inviting as it has always been. I welcomed him inside; and as planned, he headed straight for the kitchen. It was time for breakfast. I found it a bit unusual to be following a set schedule. With Kota, schedules weren't unusual, but it felt strange to wake up on a day going back to school and actually have a plan. Usually I just woke up, rushed around the house, skipped breakfast or stuffed something in my bag and then headed out. But there was no such thing with Kota. All of us had sat down the night before in my living room and planned out everything for everyone so that this morning could be the best it could be.

It was not much later that Nathan arrived. He didn't bother knocking, just came in and headed straight for the kitchen. "Morning Peanut," he said from behind me. I jumped a little. He laughed so I turned around and hit him on the arm.

"No good morning? No hug? Why I won't stand for a hit on the arm," he pouted.

I laughed and hugged him. "Morning Honey."

He shrugged, "Good enough."

I smiled, getting our school stuff together while they made breakfast. We sat down and ate and were headed on our way. We got on the bus and squished into a seat. The bus ride was uneventful, although we got a few strange glances. When we arrive at school, I can’t help but go a little off their schedule.

There was something I wanted to do.

I slip away and head for the courtyard where I first met Luke and this all began. I sit down on the bench with a book in my hand and wait to see if they will find me, or notice. I figured they would. They always do. Soon, I feel somebody’s presence next to me.

Luke’s P.O.V.

The group messages had been frantic for the last two minutes; Sang had somehow managed to slip away. Clearly, something was up. Our first group instinct was to go to the courtyard. Once we arrived, and got together, we looked around. Gabe glanced before quickly smiling.

“Guys, she’s over there. Impossible to miss.”

All our heads turn to look at her. She is sitting on an empty bench, with a book in her hands.

“But why is she-” Kota started.

The scene looked so familiar. A dream? No, a memory. This was exactly like the first time I met her. Of course! Nostalgia hit me like a hurricane.

“Guys,” I said happily, “wait here. Or else it won’t work, alright?”

“What won’t work? What do you know that we don’t?” Little brother huffed.

“Just trust me on this one. Isn’t it familiar to you at all?”

A light bulb seems to switch on in Kota’s mind. “Of course,” he murmured. Then a bit louder he said, “Luke’s right. We have to stay here.”

I grinned and began my casual stroll towards this girl who once was a stranger. A girl committing identity fraud. A girl who I took an instant liking to; a girl that from day one I’ve wanted to protect. Not just any girl; but Sang.

I happily sat down next to her. She didn’t look up and so I scooted closer. On cue she scooted away. I winked at my brothers before tapping her shoulder. She jumped and fell, just like the first time. “Hey, you okay?”

She nods and stands up, brushing her arms off and opened her eyes. Ah yes, the first time I looked into her sparkly eyes. I give a soft smile. “Sorry about that, I’m Luke.”

She giggles, her face lighting up. “I know.”

“Alright, cupcake. We gotta go back to the boys now.”

We laugh together the whole way back to the table in the courtyard. Some of them look confused and some just look happy. We all pull into a big group hug at the table. I knew that she had been up to something and it was a good something too. Man, the things this girl does.

I could see the faces of everybody as we pulled away. Everyone seemed to be replenished by her cheerfulness, nobody worrying about the problems we could run into today. Sang said something that set the whole group laughing but I didn’t catch it. Just smiled at this beautiful girl I was able to close to.