Chapter 14

Katie

Katie received no sleep that night. After she ran back to her cabin from the dining pavilion, she laid down and tried to fall asleep.

She obviously didn't, though.

Too many things were going through her head. A majority being Travis Stoll.

Katie had had a moment with Travis Stoll. In front of the whole camp!

It wasn't that she didn't want people to know she liked Travis, she just wanted it to be if they did have a moment, then it was their moment.

Whatever. Katie hated thinking about this gross stuff.

She couldn't push Travis out of her head, though.

All Katie wanted was to redo that night. Maybe if things were said sooner than they had been...

Katie woke up, the next morning, clutching onto the pair of goofy glasses that Travis had stolen for her.

She put the glasses under her covers so nobody in her cabin would see it. She laid in her bed for who knows how long, just thinking.

Someone walked in. Katie turned to find it was Poppy.

"Hey," she said.

"Hi," Katie said back.

"Sorry I wasn't there to greet you home. And sorry I didn't see you at all yesterday."

Katie shrugged. "No biggy. Did you know you were the only one at camp who knew about our quest? Apparently it was supposed to be a secret."

Poppy raised an eyebrow and sat down on Katie's bed. "I guess it's a good thing that I didn't tell anyone. I figured they all knew."

Katie nodded.

"So?" Poppy questioned. "What was it like?"

"What? The quest?"

Poppy poked her. "Yes, of course the quest."

Katie sat up. "It was cool. We ran into a few monsters. Monsters from actual Greek mythology."

Poppy raised an eyebrow. "Like who?" 

Katie tried to remember. "Lamia, a half-naked old serpent lady. Procrustes, that guy who liked to stretch people. Then, the three Hesperides and Ladon."

Poppy's eyes were wide. "And you're alive?"

Katie laughed. "Yeah, I think so."

Poppy smiled. "I'm proud of you. Did the boys behave themselves?"

Katie nodded. "They were good."

"How was Travis?"

Katie looked down at her hands.

She sighed and answered, "I really like him, Pop. I like him a lot."

Poppy gave a small smile. "I know."

"How?"'

Poppy shrugged. "I just knew. He likes you too, so there isn't a problem, is there?"

"No, not really. I just-I don't know."

Poppy smiled and pushed Katie's hair to the side. She got up. "You will, I promise. But you have to find him first."

With that, she left Katie alone with her thoughts.

Katie made up her mind and got dressed.

She suddenly had the urge to check on the kid who needed the cure.