Prologue

I own noting except my OC and my ideas. I do not own the songs I use either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
700 years ago there was a rare form of magic that could turn songs into spells. These people were called spellslingers. And only certain people could use this form of magic. But a group of hunters, the Rune Hunters, would capture mages with rare forms of magic and sell them to whoever wanted them. And most spellslingers were beautiful young women, so they were common targets.

Me and my four sisters were all spellslingers. Although our mother was not, she did not inherit the gift of spellslinging. But we did. Our parents tried to keep us safe from the Rune Hunters. They were able too keep us safe for about 16 years of my life. That was when my first sister got captured, my oldest sister. Over the next two years the rest of my three remaining sisters were captured. My parents were determined to keep me safe, seeing as I was the youngest. We kept moving to stay away from them. I rarely strayed from there sight.
Eventually they were able to close in on us, so my mom used a spell to send me to a safer place. But she also cast an immortality spell, so I could always carry on the legacy of the spellslingers till the end of time. I did not want this burden to be placed on my shoulders, but I had no choice. Before I could protest, I was sent away.

When I regained consciousness I had no idea where I was, I couldn't recognize anything. So I looked around, maybe I could find someone.
After a few minutes of wandering I found a man about 21. And looking at his reflection in the water. I wanted to talk to him because I hadn't been able to find anyone. So I approached him carefully and said hello to him. He backed away and said,
"Please, stay away from me. I don't want to hurt you."
I was more confused then scared. So I got closer to him and tried to talk to him.
Eventually a strange dark aura started to surround him. So I started singing,
"In the white light, a hand reaches through. A double edged blade cuts your heart in two, waking dreams fade away. Embrace the brand new day."
When I finished singing nothing had changed. Apparently my song must have canceled out his strange magic. The man looked around expecting something to have happened. He also looked at me like he was not expecting me to be there.
"What's your name?"
"Seanna Brightclaw."
He looked at me and looked like he recognized me. He was about to say more but we heard a group of people coming for us. The man looked at me and turned to run. I quickly grabbed his arm.
"Wait! You never told me your name!"
"Zeref."
Then he ran off. And a few minutes later soldiers with the magic council crest appeared. They asked me if I had seen a wizard named Zeref. Even though I don't know him that well I decided that I wanted to defend him. He didn't seem like a bad person, besides that strange magic. So I told them that I hadn't seen him. They asked for my name. And I told them I was a man er of the Brightclaw family. They instantly recognized me and took me to a nearby village.