Chapter 3

The treasure hunter and the dragon

Mavis went over our plan one last time before we left. Me, her and Zera were to lure Geoffrey away from the town and meet up with Yuri and Precht who should have the Tenrou Jade.
Mavis first created an illusion and then I started to sing. After I got his attention with my singing, Mavis used her illusion to try and scare him. She summoned an army and threatened him with it. He wasn't fazed by the illusion, despite how realistic it looked. But we did our job, we lured him away from the city.
Me and Mavis made quick work of him and returned to the city. We met up with Yuri and Precht near Kardia Cathedral. Yuri told us that he had gotten the Tenrou Jade.
"Good job Yuri!"
"Please give it back to me now."
Yuri looked at Mavis and the Jade. He then refused to return the Jade to Mavis.
"Please Yuri. You don't understand. The Tenrou Jade has a lot of dark magic within it."
"I don't care. We worked hard to find the Tenrou Jade and now we finally have it."
As soon as he said that the Tenrou Jade stared to glow, along with the dragon skeleton on top of Kardia Cathedral. When the light faded we saw Yuri merged with the dragon.
Me and Mavis use our magic against the dragon and Precht and Warren assist us. The dragon must have absorbed some of Yuri's magic, because we were able to defeat the dragon when it was just a pile of bones. The both of us were being pushed back and Prechit thought that he only way we could win was to kill him along with the dragon.
"No we can't do that!"
"Seanna's right I may not be a treasure hunter but I hunt for the treasure of friendship. So I only have one option left in order to save him. I have to cast Law."
"Mavis, you can't you haven't perfected it yet! If you use it then you might die!"
"It's alright. I'd rather this journey end with satisfaction rather then tragedy."
Both me and Zera nod and she gets ready to lure dragon Yuri away from Magnolia. She casts an illusion of coins and the dragon follows it outside of town. Mavis then gets ready to cast Law.
When she casts law the dragon turns back into bones and crumples. The Tenrou Jade shatters and Yuri is collapsed in front of where the dragon was. Everyone was happy that Yuri was safe but the joy was short lived. Mere moments after Yuri was freed from the Jade Mavis collapsed. Both me and Zera ran to Mavis's side and tried to wake her up. We both knew that this might happen but we are still concerned for our friend.
Yuri quickly regain consciousness and we told him what happened. For some reason he did not remember what happened. After we explained what happened we all brought Mavis to a doctor. Unfortunately because she used an incomplete version of Law she will not grow any more. When we left the doctors office she said that she wanted to be alone and went off into a forest.
"Hey Seanna can you help me find Mavis?"
"Yeah why Yuri?"
"Because I need to tell her that I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"For her condition. It's because of me that she can't grow anymore."
"Alright."
I helped Yuri find Mavis. And Zera followed us because she said that she needed to tell Mavis something as well. And the three of us found Mavis and while Yuri was apologizing to Mavis, Zera pulled me aside.
"Seanna, please take care of Mavis for me."
"Of course I will. But we'll do it together right?"
"No I can't. I'm only an illusion of Mavis's. I actually died during the Blue Skull raid and Mavis just created an illusion of me."
"Wait then why can only me and Mavis see you?"
"That I do not know. But you need to take care of her for me. Can you promise me that?"
I started to cry. I hadn't cried in over 600 years. Ever since my parents died. I just nodded my head and she smiled and left to go tell Mavis what she had just told me.
After me and Mavis finally got over the fact that Zera was gone we all went back to Warren and Precht. Mavis suggested that we make a mage guild. We all agree and decide on the name of Fairy Tail. Yuri, Precht and Warren left their guild of Slyph Labyrinth to help create the guild hall. After the five of us finished we decided to take a picture to commemorate the birth of Fairy Tail.