Epologue

SEVENTH YEAR...

I sat in the window seat in the Hufflepuff common room. I stared out at the stars. My owl Selena perched on a shelf next to me as I recalled everything that had happened in the seven years I had gone to this insanely magical school.
"After all these years?" I heard a soft voice behind me. "Your still in the same place," Ash sat down next to me.
"Your gonna get in trouble. You can't be here," I wiggled up to him. He handed me a folded piece of parchment. I unfolded it and saw a Hufflepuff crest with DEMAND RESPECT across it.
"I can't believe you have this," I whisper laughed.
"Of course I do. It's when I first realized."
"Realized what?" I asked with wide eyes.
"I want to show you something," he pulled a small purple orb out of his pocket. "This is a very special artifact."
"Whys that?" I ran my fingers over the cool glass.
"It can show you the future," he whispered.
"Really?" I asked, shocked.
"Do you remember the first time we sat here together?"
"Of course."
"Who's your best friend?" He asked randomly.
"Easy. Pepper."
"Remember my number five was that I had a crush on my sisters best friend?" He asked. I gasped.
"You knew we were going to be best friends," I put my hands over my mouth.
"Guinevere," he took my hands in his and stared deep into my eyes. A shiver ran down my spine as I stared back into his beautiful sea green eyes. "I love you."
"Is that so?" I whispered with the biggest smile on my face. I took his face in my hands and after seven years I, finally, kissed him. His lips felt so right. I got goosebumps and I laughed.
"What?" He pulled away for a moment with a grin of his own.
"I lied," I realized. "You're my best friend."
"Guinevere Malfoy," he laughed. "You are the strangest most incredible, constantly surprising, beautiful woman I have ever met!" He hugged me tightly.
"Well," I pulled away and grinned mischievously. "I am a Hufflepuff after all."

THE END