Chapter Twenty Eight:

* Recap *

"Mikael." Stefan and I say in unison.

"Actually I'm Eliana. It's nice to meet you."

"Ah, yes. I was told that Elena had a sister, but let's get on with why I'm here. Has Klaus entered the country?"

"I can't tell you."

"Has he spoken to since he left?"

"I can't tell you." Stefan repeats himself again.

"All right. Can you tell me the last time you spoke to Niklaus?" Mikael questions Stefan again.

"I am compelled to do what he says,  and he says to keep my damn mouth shut."

"I really hope this game of twenty questions isn't your secret weapon." Damon asks.

"You see, Damon," Mikael starts as he puts his hand on Damon's shoulder. "I've been a Vampire Hunter longer than you've been alive. It's why I found you here. It's why I'm gonna find Niklaus." Mikael states in a scary tone.

"Well, Klaus has been running for about a thousand years, so if you think you're gonna get a workaround he--" Damon stops mid sentence when Mikael plunges his hand into Damon's chest."

"Oh my god!" I scream.

I go to move towards Damon when Mikael says "Careful, Eliana. One move, and his hearts gone." Stefan pulls me back and Damon coughs as Mikael moves his hand.

"Now... Where is Klaus?" Stefan looks to Damon and me before Mikael says "Come on. What's the trick question, Stefan?" Stefan can't say and he's getting angry. "One twist, and he's dead. Unless you don't care, of course."

I'm beginning to lose my patients here and say "His emotions have been shut off. He can't care."

"Really? His link to Klaus is so strong that... He would let his own brother to die? No ideas? Hmm. Think, Stefan. I guess you're right. He's a dead end. And so are you, Damon."

"WAIT! Wait. I can get Klaus back here." I say and all three of them look at me. "Klaus will come back if I ask him to."

Mikael sighs and grabs a cloth to wipe his hands clean. "And there is our loophole. Just had to rile them up a bit." I look to the floor and back up to Mikael. "Get Klaus to Mystic Falls, and I will gladly drive a stake through his heart. Fail... I'll drive it through yours." And then Mikael left. Damon and Stefan both look at me and I know what is coming next.

"How do you know that Klaus will come running back for you?" Damon asks.

Before I could answer Stefan did it for me. "Because, dear brother, Klaus has feelings for your girl. He's in love with her."

* Now the Chapter shall begin *

* Eliana *

"How do you know that Klaus will come running back, for you?" Damon asks.

Before I could answer Stefan did it for me. "Because, dear brother, Klaus has feelings for your girl. He's in love with her." Stefan patted Damon's shoulder with a mischievous smirk, then grabbed his jacket and left the bar. Damon gave me this hurt filled look, like I had just ripped his heart out, and then followed in Stefan's footsteps out of the bar.

I felt so hurt seeing Damon like that. But then again I don't know why I should be feeling like that, when he's hurting me by sneaking around with Elena, when I should be pissed off at him for the pain and heartbreak that he is putting me through. I walk up to the barstool and grab my jacket. I casually walk out of the Bar, not wanting to cause a panic with my vamp speed. As soon as the cool chill of the night air hits my heated face, I take a minute to calm myself and then head off in my vampire speed to my house.