26 . Her Smile (Zayn Pov)

Day 1 : I met someone today . Her name is Y/N . I love her smile . It's the best one I've seen in a long time . There is something about the smile of a girl that gets me every single time . And she had it . From the first look . From the first meeting of our eyes . And I couldn't let go of it ......
So I didn't .

Month 2 : her today . I kissed her lips , feeling every bit of love I had for her through my entire body . And when I left them again , her smiling face met mine . She smiled to remind me how lucky I was . Because I felt like the luckiest man on earth . Without a doubt .

Month 6 : We fought today . It was our first fight ..... and I HATED  it . She was shouting at me and I had never seen her like that before . Her smile was gone . She wanted to leave . She was ready to leave . But I didn't let her . I couldn't let her . "I'm sorry ....." I whispered . "I love you ....I'm sorry ." And I kept her close . Until her body relaxed and surrendered my touch . And my heart felt empty .

Year 1 :  She made me smile today . And it was not that she had never done it before our first year anniversary , because she did . Every single day . But today was different . It was just the moment before she woke up . She was sound asleep and I was staring at her , like I sometimes did . And it suddenly hit me that I wanted to marry her . It hit me that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her . I wanted to wake up next to her everyday . I wanted to take care of her when she needed it . And when she opened her eyes , she smiled my favorite smile . "Good morning , handsome ." She whispered , reaching for my hand . "Ready for the first day of the rest of our lives ?" Her voice was still sleepy and her eyes closed mid-sentence . And that's where she made me smile . Because I was ready and I had never been more ready before .

Year 3 : We married today . And she smiled a lot . And it was the only thing I wanted her to do . Now . And forever .

Year 7 :  She melted my heart today . I watched her again .....Although she wasn't alone . She sat there , in the pink , flowery room , soothing our little baby girl . And from the moment she took her out of the crib and cradled her up in her arms , our daughter stopped crying . And I knew why . Mommy smiled her beautiful smile while softly singing a sweet lullaby . And I was happy to know I wasn't the only one anymore .

There was now one more person in the world who loved Y/N as much as I did .

Year 9 : She almost left me today . And it was the scariest moment of my life . She was giving birth to our little baby boy . I was holding her hand when I felt it go limp in mine . And that exact moment I heard all sorts of beeping noises . They took me away from her . They took me away from my wife , my love , my partner , my everything .

Her heart stopped today .

The thought alone makes my whole body go numb . Hours later , I sat there , with my son in my arms and my daughter next to me in the chair . Awfully silent . Awfully still . I couldn't breathe . I couldn't cry . I couldn't say a word . I couldn't even look at my children . I felt disgusted with myself . I couldn't do this alone . I couldn't do this without her .

And when her heart started breathing again , I felt mine doing the exact same thing .

Although today , was not a day for smiles .

Year 15 : It was our son's sixth birthday today . Y/N had planned a big birthday party , where she decorated the whole house in the theme of Cars . Our son loved Cars , and I saw the smile on his mother on his face when he came downstairs in the morning , taking in the sight of the house . And when I glanced at her , she was doing the exact same thing . I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind , while resting my head onto her shoulder . "You are an extraordinary mother ...." I said to her , so softly that our son and daughter couldn't hear it . She turned in my arms , so that she faced me . "I love you , husband of mine ." She whispered with her brightest smile , while her lips met mine . I never felt more complete in my life than at this exact moment .

Year 25 : She lost her mom today . She broke down while hearing the news on the phone . And I held her for the rest of the night . I had never seen her so broken before . I had never seen her spill so many tears . And it was the first time I felt worried ......

I was worried I would never see her smile again .

Year 45 :  It was Christmas today . We were surrounded by our daughter , our son their partners and our grandchildren . I saw her going around with snacks for everyone . I did notice she let our youngest grandson take two instead of one . They exchanged their sneaky smiles and I couldn't help but smile myself . When she reached me , I saw this twinkle in her eye . She was happy . Our eyes met for a couple of seconds . And I told her I loved her with that just one look .

And she told me that she loved me back .

That was how well we knew each other .

We didn't need words anymore .

Year 60 :  I left her today . She sat by my bed . And I felt her hand in mine . It may sound selfish , but I was happy it was me and not her . I don't think I would ever be able to live in a world without her .

When I opened my eyes , it was only to see the one thing I loved the most , for one last time . And she knew . Of course she knew . She knew me better than any other person ever did .

So she smiled . And it wasn't her happiest smile , but I understood I couldn't get any better than this . I was still stunned by her beauty after all those years . And her smile , made all my fears disappear . The fear of her being unhappy .

The fear of dying .

I closed my eyes again . Picturing her in front of me while I breathed out my last bit of air .

And I couldn't have wished for a better life .

There was no better life .... than this life with her .

From Tumblr Hope you liked it Please vote
Zara :)
Words : 1142 .