19. You are in Hunger Games

You chuckle to yourself , shaking your head at the total stupidity you are witnessing . You some tribute from district 4 , another from district 7 were the only ones left and you were the only ones to likely win . The sky was black and the smoke coming up from a nearby fire was clearly visible as a figure sitting beside fire . You hold up your bow proudly , knowing that this meant you were one step closer to winning the games and providing for your family back home . You step confidently towards the fire ,your bow poised and ready to fire the fatal shot . The boy goes wide eyed when he sees you , and holds up a hand "Dont shoot ! Dont shoot " he pleads . You sigh and roll your eyes "Why not ? Obviously if you're not smart enough to remember that lighting a fire in the middle of the night is one of the easiest ways to get found in the game , you are not worth to stay alive " You raise your bow once more . He sighs and looks in your eyes "I am smart enough to save your life " You crinkle your brow . "What ?" You ask . He chuckles .
"At the cornucopia , remember? The huge guy from district 2 was about to charge you when you picked the bow ? I took him out for you , giving you enough time to get away ". You drop your bow , remembering the boys jet black hair , and your silent exchange of thanks across the field . "That was you ..." you say kneeling down beside the boy . He nods "But the other careers came after me ." I was able to take them on but not without a price ....." it was then that he gestured to his abdomen , which he was clutching with a blood soaked cloth . "I dont have many options left . The fire was my only choice if i wanted to stay alive ." You stand , torn between wanting to kill the weak boy and thanking him for what he had done . You suddenly step back and reach into your bag grabbing a container of the precious medicine that was sent to you by your mentor . You had used about half of it . You sigh and toss it to him . "Now we are even " you say before stepping in the dark forest "good luck " .

From Quotev Hope you liked it Please vote
Zara :)