Chapter 3: Too Little Too Late

Iris's P.O.V

                 I could almost hear my feet screaming to be set free from these killer 8 inch high heels. I quickly tugged them off once I entered the humble house which Darcy and I shared. We found this place after the devil cut us off and banned us from his den. We searched everywhere, trying to find a place to stay. We finally came across this abandoned remote cabin deep in the woods. Nobody ever comes out this far into the woods, so it was a great place to stay. We kept a trail of salt wrapped and super-glued completely around our house, so the demons would never think about coming here. It was the only deadly thing to them, that we know of.

I went into the kitchen following the sweet smell of chocolate. Chocolate was my only addiction, when it came to candy. The delightful aroma led to a new batch of cookies laying on a metal tray on the wooden counter. Darcy must have made them right before she found out about my sneaking out. I grabbed one off the counter breathing in it's deliciousness before biting into it. It fell right apart in my hands, it was still warm. Now that's a sigh of a good cookie. Darcy was the best at cooking, desserts were her specialty.

Unlike me, my specialty was elsewhere. Her cooking took you to another place, like heaven on earth. I swallowed the cookie almost whole, and sighed. Darcy must have really wanted to tell me something.. She only makes cookies when she has bad news. What could it be this time?

A loud ring suddenly shot through my ears, causing me to jump and knock over the tray. "Shit!" I mumbled and picked up the cookies. I guess they're trash now.. I sighed and dumped them in the bin. I followed the annoying ring, it lead to Darcy's room. I quickly rushed to find the phone because well, I was getting pretty annoyed by that irritating ringtone. I picked up the phone, surprised by the contact name. Maksim. How dare he even think about calling my sister again? I'm surprised she didn't delete and block his number.

I fought with myself whether to answer or not. I finally decided to pick up.. "What do you want, asshole?" I asked with a harsh tone. I could hear his soft sobs, was he crying?? 

"Can I please talk to Darcy?" He asked, his voice cracking. "You really think I'm going to let you talk to my sister? You broke her heart. Your lucky I haven't broke your face yet" I griped, my blood boiling. "Please Iris?" He begged. "Why should I? Give me one good reason" I sassed. "I know I hurt her before, I made a mistake. I'll do anything to make it up to her." He replied. "Why? Just so you can break her heart again and go back to your whore??"

 "What? No! Iris, please... Give me a chance.." He sounded serious, but I wasn't falling for it. I was just about to reply, when I heard footsteps. "Who are you talking to??" Darcy asked, tugging the phone away from me. Her eyes bulged once she saw the contact name. "Maksim?" Her tone was soft, she was stunned. "Darcy?!" I heard him yell on the other line. "Didn't I tell you to never even bother contacting me again?!" Her tone rose loudly. 

"Please, Darcy, Just listen to me..." The rest of what Maksim's said, I couldn't understand, it was all mumbled. 

"No! I don't care what you have to say! When I said leave me alone, I meant it!" Darcy's anger grew stronger, till finally she threw the phone across the room. It hit the wall hard, glass flying everywhere. I watched it as it fell to the floor with a loud thump. Than looked to Darcy, her eyes were closed tight and she was taking deep breaths. 

"Darcy..?" I whispered, grabbing for her arm. "Don't," She quickly pulled away, and rushed out of the house. I sighed, knowing there was no point of going after her. I slowly walked over to her phone, bending down to pick it up. Surprisingly, it still worked. The screen was broken into a million pieces though. I laid the phone on Darcy's metal desk, and walked into the hallway. I went into the hall closet and got a broom and dust bin. 

I quickly cleaned up the glass, thinking about the entire day. Today was indescribable, flat out crazy.

I spent the next few hours, just reflecting. Thinking about all the up's and down's in my life. Suddenly a thought popped into my mind.. Darcy has been gone for a pretty long time now... I hope she's okay... 

Where could she be?

After a few seconds of worry and biting my nails, Darcy stumbled in. She was acting like she was drunk. I quickly ran to help her stand, but she pushed me away. What's wrong with her? As she got up, my question was quickly answered. Her legs and arms were all scuffed up and bloody. 

Only demons could've done this much damage.. People never get away once the demons get hooked on them; this proves she puts up one hell of a fight. "Darcy, what in god's name happened to you?!" I questioned, getting the first-aid kit. She bit her lip and looked down at her bruises. "Long story.." She mumbled under her breath and slowly set down at the kitchen table. 

I stared at her, while pulling out exactly what I needed. We didn't use human things, we just had a first aid-kit box so if 'normal' people came, they wouldn't suspect a thing. I gathered the ingredients for the spell that would heal Darcy, and make all her pain vanish in seconds. I started to mix them all together in the pot we used. I chanted the spell, "Furor divinia virtute infernum eam detrude." All the spells were usually in Latin.

When Darcy and I became dark witches, we learned how to speak the language easily. Just when I was about to complete the spell, Darcy stopped me by putting her hands on mine. "They're back" She stared directly into my eyes. Did she mean....? No. That's impossible... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!! :D Sorry for the wait on Chapter 3, but we've both been busy and today was finally when we finished it!! ^_^ We hope you like the story sooo far!! We might get up chapter 4 today too.. We dunno yet!

~Questions~

~Whose back?~

~Who was the victim to hurt Darcy?~

~If you think you have the right answer to any of these or you have anything or any advise you'd like to add to the story Comment, Inbox us or kik Jessica/ @Jessicalol121 Jessica's original account on here is @Jessicalol12 if you'd like to follow her!!!~

~COMMENT, We read and reply to every one!!~

~VOTE, It really helps us out and means a lot to us!~

~FOLLOW, We follow back, promise!!~

~Thank you guys for the 80 some reads!!!! It means a lot to us!!! :) You guys are amazing!!!!~

~WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!! :D~

~By: DarkDemonicPleasure~