Chapter 2: Whisper

Chapter 2: Whisper

  Darcy's P.O.V

        A little raven informed me about my little sister escaping. There was only one place she could be, the club. I felt a rush of concern wash over me, wondering if anybody else was aware of this. If the Devil had heard, he'd take advantage of the opportunity and take her. He's been trying to find us ever since we all split up. If there was any sign of either one of us, everything we'd worked for could be ruined. I rushed to the humble place, trying to not be seen by a single soul.

Upon arrival, I bursted through that door so fast, you could have gotten whiplash. I looked all around the place hoping to stumble upon Iris, but the place was just about empty, except for the bartender and a few thoroughly inebriated people paying their tabs. 'The Club' was adequately named (note my sarcasm).., no wonder this place is such a rubbish pile. The walls were pretty much covered in crap, I couldn't even tell what the original colour was. Broken glasses of beer and wine riddled the floor, there wasn't even a free space to step. Dang, they must have had a bar fight. An old rusted cage stood in the back, must have been for cage dancers back in the day. Ew. That's not something you'd want to dance in. 

I heard a distant moan coming from the back room. I followed the sounds. I was scared to open the door, I didn't want to walk in on anybody. "Iris..." A raspy guy's voice groaned. My eyes almost popped out of my head. I forced the door open almost ripping it off the hinges. I saw her and a guy completely making out. I pulled her away forcefully, she looked startled and unsettled.

The guy scratched the back of his neck in confusion, "If you wanted to join you could've just asked. Damn." 

I shot him a look of disgust and shock. Why was my little sister with this low-life?! 

*Flashback*

  Maksim wrapped his arms around me as we sat by the fire in my parents living room. "I will always love you" His husky Russian accent was music to my ears. "Promise?" I played along and smiled slightly as I laid my head onto his shoulder. "I love you with all my heart. I'd never think about hurting you in anyway. I promise to God." He grinned but something in his eyes was questionable, but I shrugged it off once his lips met mine.

*3 months later*

Maksim found a new and more beautiful girl in a club. Not just any club but the club we first met at. He told me I wasn't good enough... The guy that I loved so deeply had disappeared. Maksim became a complete stranger. He slept with her and immediately lost interest in me. He was my first everything...

I remember every single detail from that night. 

I was home alone, the rumours were spreading like wildfire and my thoughts were filled with discomfort. It couldn't be true.. I kept telling myself, hoping I was right. The front door interrupted my thoughts. It was Maksim. He piled more anguish onto my already depressed soul. "Please, tell me it's not true" I whispered, as I shed a tear. "If I did that, that would be lying" He replied being an smart-ass.

"I'm not sorry that I found somebody that was actually good enough for me. Somebody way better than the piece of shit that you are. I love her more than I've ever loved you. Oh and also I lied. I never loved you and I never will. I just was using you because you fed me and gave me a place to stay. But now I have more than you could have ever have given me" With that he left me there to die emotionally.

All I could do was cry my heart out and wish it was just a nightmare...

I vowed on my parents grave that I'd never love again and protect my sister from any guy. I could never let my little sister go through the heartbreaking pain that I had to. That's why I protect her so much.

*Reality*

     I looked from Iris to the guy. She knew I was thinking about Maksim, she helped me through the break up and was there for me the whole time. But that was when we had souls, and feelings. But that was all taken from us, when we got into dark witchcraft. Sometimes I wish I could feel.., To be able to miss my parents... I remember what is what like to feel things, emotional things,  but it's not the same. I guess there are some good things about it though. Not being able to feel pain or no bleeding was the only thing I could adjust to.

I grabbed Iris' wrist and helped her to her feet. I talked to her through the 'Unknown Whisper." We came up with our own way to communicate without anybody hearing. We had to, ever since the devil and Cora were always being so nosy, especially with anybody that mentioned anything about us. If either one of them heard us talking about this situation, Cora would find a way to sense this guy's thoughts & feelings, and manipulate them. She can read the minds of everyone except mine and Iris', since she was banned from doing so to us, and that was when the Devil took our souls. She could still sense our feelings though.

"Go home, I'll deal with this guy" I told her, as I gritted my teeth. She rolled her eyes and walked out of the door leaving the guy and I alone. Iris and I both knew I had to complete the job for her. Or Cora could easily find him and intimidate him to tell her about what had happened tonight. 

I walked closer to him starring him dead in the eye. He first looked around the room feeling uncomfortable under my death stare, but than he focused directly on me. He couldn't turn away, his body froze and he was under my trance. I placed my hand on his chest ad began to drain his soul. We never lost eye-contact. "W-what a-are y-you?" He managed to stutter out before he fell to the ground making a tiny earthquake. 

I grabbed a hold of an old bookshelf to help maintain my balance. How could he speak? He was under my power.. That was impossible. I must have just imagined that....

He must have more resistance against our power than anybody else we've ever controlled... He had to be a prophet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guyss!!! :D So here's chapter 2!!!! I hope you like it!!! There wasn't really much of an cliffy there.. But I'm sure there will be later on in the story c; 

~Questions~

~Was that guy really a prophet? :o~

~Is Iris okay?~

~Will Maksim come back?~

~You'll have to stay tuned for that :3 Or if you ask us to give any previews.. We'll think about it c;~

~Inbox us for anything. Advise, Questions about the story, anything at all, we're hear to listen!!! :D~

~COMMENT, we read each and every one!~

~VOTE, it really helps us out!~

~FOLLOW, we follow back promise!~

~We will give shoutouts to anybody who wants one!! :)~

~Jessica's kik: Jessicalol121~

~WE LOVE YOU ALL!! :D~~~

~By: DarkDemonicPleasure~