Chapter Seven; Check The Willow

Jace clenched his fist as he took a step towards Luke. They were too close. Luke made an 'I dare you' sort of face. Jace took a swing at Luke. Luke tried to dodge, but he wasn't fast enough. Jace got him on the jaw line of the right side of his face. Jace was left handed, like me. Blood dripped from Luke's mouth. Luke looked shocked that Jace would do something like that.

"Jace! Why would you do that? I told you, everything is fine. We just need to move. I can feel it," I protested.

Then Luke took a swing and chaos broke out. Nick had to hold me back. I just wanted to make them stop fighting. James slowly backed away from everything. Nobody wanted anyone to fight, but if only one person would avoid fighting with their life, it would be James. I struggled to escape Nick. I shouted for them to just stop. I just wanted them to stop. Nick picked me up off of the ground. I yelled more. I stopped struggling and yelling. I was kicking the air. I allowed my feet to drop down and laid still. I began crying.

"Please, don't do this. Just stop. Please?" I whispered between sobs. A nearly silent plea for only peace.

Luke saw the look on my face and stopped. It got him punched in the stomach, but he just groaned and walked over. Jace noticed me for the first time since he took that swing. He ran over to me. I wanted him to just hold me, but I couldn't bare to go to him. Not after what he had done to Luke.

"Why couldn't you just stop? I was begging you to just stop. Why wouldn't you listen to me? It's not his fault. Couldn't you just be HAPPY that Luke was so ready to defend all of us? He was looking out for us," I rambled through my tears. They wouldn't stop pouring from my eyes.

Jace tried to hug me. I stood and ran away from him. I just didn't understand. Once I was far enough away from all of them, I sat down and cried. My tears flowed from my eyes like a dam had been broken. I sobbed hard for a while. A hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned to see a girl about my age. I acted like I wasn't dying inside.

"Wh-who are you?" I stuttered after a moment of gathering myself.

I slowly brought my hand to my back pocket in my jeans.

"I'm Willow," the girl spoke.

She attempted to comb down her curly, platinum blonde, full head of hair. She had big, bright blue eyes, and there were freckles scattered across her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked me kindly.

"No," I spoke simply while shaking my head. I was trying to avoid telling her my name.

My hand slowly slipped into my back pocket.

"I think I remember you. Skyler Lee right?" Willow asked.

"How do you remember me? They made sure I was long gone from you people," I protested while I wrapped my hand around my knife.

"I remember all of you. I don't know exactly what happened, but I know there is something weird about me."

I flipped my wrist to reveal my tattoo. I didn't care if she turned me in anymore.

She examined it. "Yeah. I'm not going to turn you in. I'm supposed to die in like two years. I don't think it's going to happen."

I shrugged. "You never know anymore."

"Why are you hiding out here?" Willow pried.

"Im sure you've heard that there is a bounty on our heads. I don't exactly WANT to be killed. Plus I have to protect those morons," I stammered nodding towards where the guys were.

"Are you from the south or something? You have a sweet accent. Also, you know other people out here?"

"Don't EVEN get me started with my accent," I started. I put finger quotes on, 'accent,' and then placed my hands back at my side. "Anyway yes. Me, Nick, James, Luke, and Jace all stayed together. I sort of separated for a few minutes. Needed to calm down before I killed all of them. Surprisingly, there is a lot of drama between us. Then you found me."