Storm Warning

• Dedicated to Brittany

AN: This is my first story, so please be nice. I promise that this is the shortest chapater! It's just a bit of backstory to show why Lauren is being sent to live with her grandparents in Tennessee. I own every character, except Hunter, because he is obviously a real person. Please continue reading, as this is probably the worst chapter. Give me a chance!! x

I woke up to a police siren screaming down the street and flashing lights.

"Fuck!" I gasped, jumping up despite the haze I was in.

My world was swirling, but I managed to run out of the room and into the crowd of people, all trying to escape too.

A body slammed into me, and I felt myself falling. I landed on the ground with a loud and painful thud. "Oof!"

The front door was kicked open and a whole bunch of cops burst in, guns pointed and yelling at everyone to get down.

I screamed, and jumped up, confused and tired and drunk and high all at once.

"Ma'am! Get on the ground!" An officer yelled, and I turned around and screamed again. I'd never had a gun pointed at me before, and even in my drugged up state I was terrified.

The policeman lowered his gun, "Lauren?"

"Fuck," I muttered for the second time in the last 2 minutes, knowing being caught was much worse than death. And then I fell down in a heap, the drugs finally catching up with me and pulling me down into a black, empty pleasure.  

“Lauren!" My mother screamed as I was carried through the door in my brother-in-laws arms.

I was too tripped out to reply, so I just tried to smiled.

"Where did you find her?" Mum asked Carter, helping him carry me into the lounge room.

"She was at a party. In Chino." He said, disgust evident as he spoke about me.

"What?" My mother exclaimed. "Why was she there?"

"Probably because she wanted some cheap goods," I saw him hold up a small plastic bag full of white powder. I wanted to scream at him that that was mine, and he had no right to be touching my stuff, but all I could do was moan.

I closed my eyes in frustration but I still heard my mothers gasp. "That's it," she said in a quiet voice. "I can't do this anymore." What can't she do anymore?

"What are you going to do?" Carter asked. I opened my eyes and I saw him run a hand through his dark hair. He looked distressed, but his nerves didn't compare to my mums. She was crying, and was pacing around the living room.

"She'll have to go. I'll call Sandy and Caleb. They'll take her."

This was it. This was the last straw.

I was being shipped off to Tennessee to live with my grandparents.

California girl goes country.

I was about to shoot myself.

 End note: I've finished the story so I'll be able to do regular updates. I'll post a few more chapters soon, and then (hopefully) if readers enjoy my story, I'll write a second one. Thank you for reading xo