Chapter 8

"Mark," Jack's voice echoed in my head. Jack snapped his finger in my face, causing me to flinch. "Can you hear me," Jack asked more sternly.

"I-I'm sorry," I said, "What were you saying?"

Jack stared at me. He was just about to speak when a woman's voice came from the school entrance.

"Hey, Naomi! Where are you going?"

Two girls came into view, including the same girl that kissed Jack.

"Finding that little lime-head," she yelled at her friend.

"What are you going to do to him?!" Her friend looked worried. I looked over at Jack who seemed to be frozen in place.

"Jack?" I reached over and grabbed his arm. "Are you ok?" He didn't respond.

"Naomi, get back here!"

Naomi approached me and Jack, angry and menacing. "Hey, Jack~" Her voice was soft but evil.

Without thinking, I quickly backed out of my parking spot.

"M-Mark," Jack called out, "W-What are y-you doing?"

"I-I'm sorry." I began to drive away. "I-I just c-can't right now..."

"MARK," Jack called as I began to exit campus. "W-WAIT!!" His voice faded when I left the school.

---

I walked into my house and headed straight for my bedroom.

"Hey, Mark," my mother smiled when she saw me. "How was your day?"

"Fine," I lied as I closed my bedroom door and locked it. I threw my backpack down and put my phone on the dresser by my bed. I sighed and crashed against my bed and buried my face into the pillows. I was about to fall asleep when my phone rang. I groaned and reached over to my phone. I immediately regretted it once I saw who texted me.

Jackaboy❤️:
(1 min. ago)
"Why'd you leave me..."

I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. Aside from the fact that it was 9:00 AM, I kept wondering:

"What am I supposed to tell him? How would I tell him?"

My thoughts were interrupted by another ring from my phone. I ignored it but several rings followed afterward. I checked my phone to see what Jack wanted.

Jackaboy❤️:
(2 min. ago)
"Mark, I need you right now"
(1 min. ago)
"Help me... I'm scared..."
(1 min. ago)
"She won't leave me alone!"
(1 min. ago)
"MARK PLEASE!!"
(Just now)
"I'm scared..."
(Just now)
"Come get me..."
(Just now)
"PLEASE!!"