Chapter 1

~ Jack's POV ~

"Seán, honey! Wake up!"

I got out of bed with a
throbbing head. It was 7 AM... it's been a week since I moved to L.A. from Ireland. I walked downstairs to find my mom cooking bacon.

I sat down on the wooden chair
that Hannah, my sister, bought for me as a gift for graduating.

"Good morning, hun! How did you like your first week in L.A.," my mother asked after serving me a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Terrible," I replied. "The people here are so rude. Why can't I move back to Ireland and lay in bed playing 'Shadow of the Colossus' ?"

"Because your sister had to
come here for college, so she got us a house so we could be near her."

I had to look away because I almost smiled looking at my mother smile brightly for her daughter. I pulled out
my phone and scrolled through Instagram for about 5 minutes before I was interrupted by the sound of shattering glass.

My mother had thrown down the glass she was holding for an unknown reason.

"MA," I blurted out, "WHAT HAPPENED?! WHAT'S WRONG!?"

She became teary eyed and kept her eyes focused on the counter in front of her. "It's nothing, honey. I j-just... need some time alone," she said. Her voice cracked every few words. I stood up and went to her, arms spread, ready to comfort her; it was all I could do at the time.

"Ma, it'll be okay... I wont be leaving anytime soon," I said. "If you ever need to talk, I'll be here for you... or here," I pointed at my phone.

She chuckled, earning a grin from me. "Thank you, Seán. I'll be here for you as well," she grinned as she pulled away from me.

I grinned happily as she disappeared upstairs and I pulled out my phone once again. The clock read 8:30 AM... I was going to be late! "Crap! Ma! I'm leaving," I yelled as I reached for my backpack.

She replied, "Okay, honey! Be safe!"

I grabbed my keys and walked out the door, locking it behind me. It was the first day of my college classes and I was going to be late.
I get into the small, white car that my sister surprised me with three days ago.

~Time Skip~

I arrived at the University 5 minutes late (as expected), but, luckily, the professor came a minute later than I did. I sighed with relief and began to pull out my brand new notebook that would soon be filled with gray pencil marks. As the professor began introducing herself, someone poked me from behind. I turned around expecting to find them looking away as if they did nothing, but I found myself lost in a chocolate sea. He had gorgeous eyes, beautiful tanned skin, and perfectly styled red hair. I was at a loss of words and all I could hear was my own heartbeat. I couldn't move, speak, or even breath... That was until he snapped his fingers in my ears.

I looked around frantically. "I-I'm sorry. W-What?" He looked at me as if he just saw the love of his life.

"I just wanted to ask for your name," he replied. His deep, manly voice made my heart flutter.

"M-My name is Seán, but you can call me Jack."

"The name's Mark."

"Mark... I like that name!"

"Thanks, Jack."

I was about to reply when the professors voice echoed across the room.