A Haunting Path

Her eyes open awakening due to faded sounds of alarms as if from a dream. She lifts her face from the cold ground and rubs her left cheek.

"Ugh...damn you Jeremy." her soft voice mutters and limps up to the bed in the small room.

Her left hand rubs her hip and her body feels as if she was thrown in. When feeling comes back to her sore side a variant yells from the hall behind the locked door.

"The Walrider is free!! Salvation indeed!" his words etched into her mind.

"The Walrider? Damn this can't be good...not good at all. The only potential host could be William P. Hope..." her voice wanes at the thought then is disturbed as a groan of immense pain echos through the hall.

Her instincts lift her body up, making her crawl under the dusty bed then calming her breath as she sees a shadow linger just outside the door from below it. Her eyes flinch when the door is kicked down and a monstrous figure stands eyes wide as if on a hunt.

"I smell you little piggy." her eyes keep in shadows to peer up at the disfigured yet familiar face.

"Chris Walker..." she whispers with a low frightened voice and suddenly he takes a step further into the room leaving more space from the doorway.

His breath harsh and sporadic as if he recognized his name and heard her voice. Her back kept close to the back wall noticing someone run past the doorway in a faded orange patient uniform.

"Oh pig!!!" his voice roars and he quickly turns to run after the figure.

Her lungs release a long breath and her trembling hands drag her out from under the bed. She crouches low and makes her way out of the room cautiously looking down each way. She heads left down the hall and pauses at the corner and looks past it toward a cluttered mess with a crevasse just enough to squeeze through. Where the two men went she did not care to know, she then squeezes through the crevasse feeling her breasts slightly press hard against the shelves.

"Uhn!" she grunts as she launches through to the other side catching herself against the wall. Her eyes look to an open place seeing a jail like passage blocked by lockers.

A young man's recorded voice leaks from the speakers overhead announcing, “Attention Murkoff personnel, an emergency evacuation is in process, please proceed immediately through the Administration Block to exit. Patients and the restrained are advised to remain calmly in their room until help arrives. Thank you for your cooperation.” she lifts her lip and scoffs at the recorded broadcast.

She continues pass to another gated doorway and slowly opens it cautiously peering at a man painting words on the wall with crimson blood

She continues pass to another gated doorway and slowly opens it cautiously peering at a man painting words on the wall with crimson blood. She lifts her wrist to her nose and looks down at a body to the right wall.

"Don't be afraid my dear. This is all his plan." his voice whispers as she glances at a few words as he slowly finishes. The words 'DOWN T' seemed irrelevant until he points to his right at a hole in the concrete leading to a lower level.