ch 1. The Gang's All Here (PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE)

this story has been on hiatus for like nine months woooooops.

sorry to inconvenience anybody who actually read this but i'm considering deleting this story as a whole. i'm going to try to rewrite the chapters and see if i can get back into writing it but i've seriously lost all motivation for this story. i've been writing a spinoff called "new york" which essentially has the same characters but will follow a different plot. again sorry for the inconvenience and hope those few reading can forgive me.

i'll be keeping the chapters up until i decide whether i'll delete it or not, so feel free to read the unfinished works.

ch. 1 The Gang's All Here

Charlotte's P.O.V.

Morning comes in the form of the scent of blueberry-scratch that-chocolate chip pancakes. Oh, and the monstrous clatter of pans coming from the kitchen.

In a speedy attempt to race to the kitchen, I toss my white comforter off of my legs and sprint to the kitchen. By the time I arrive I see my bestest best friend, Alex, flipping a pancake like nobody's business. My mouth immediately starts to water and I begin stacking the steaming cakes onto my plate.

Alex is the bomb.com. She's my rock, the ping to my pong, the apple to my pie, the wind beneath my wings. You get the point. We've been best friends since we could breathe. Well, since I could breathe, anyways. She's older than me, not by much, though. Only about a year, we were both born in May.

She grips the rubber handle of the pan with her freshly manicured hand and flips the pan in one fluid motion.

Here's the thing about Alex. Middle flyer, newest clothes at the newest stores that pop up all over Manhattan, fresh manicures every other day from the newest salon that my salary at the cafe could never pay for, newest iPhone, new, new, new. Bigger is better, that's her motto. That, and shop til you drop. But she's the sweetest, most down to earth person you'll ever meet. Unless she hates you.

Yeah, if she hates you she won't hesitate to claw your eyes out if you breathe in her direction.

Her blonde hair and blue eyes, unfairly perfect complexion, unbelievably long legs and adorable fashion sense would give you the idea that she's rude and obnoxious like the cheerleaders you'll find in movies (trust me, I've watched enough to know). But really, she's just a big sweetheart.

It wasn't fair. By the time we were in seventh grade, she could've had any guy she wanted at the snap of her french manicured fingers. That's not how she is, though. She's dedicated.

"Well good morning to you too," Alex says with a chuckle. I glance up from my tower of pancakes.

"Hush, child," I snap, settling my hand over her face, setting my focus back to my plate. "I'm in the middle of a masterpiece."

After a hurricane of syrup poured onto the pancakes, I empty the whipped cream can onto the Leaning Tower of Pancake.

"And one for good luck," i declare, opening my mouth wide and tilting my head back. The fluffy cream lands onto my tongue, continuing to stream from the can as I press the nozzle.

"Good luck for what?" Alex asks, turning off the stove.

I lick my bottom lip to clean off the small remains of Reddi Whip. "Good luck," I reply with a shrug. Hastily, I pick up my fork and jab at the ginormous stack in attempt to tear a piece off. A knife is tossed onto the counter and I waste no time to grab it. "Thanks Alex,"

I slice a piece off and shove it into my mouth. A groan of delight escapes my mouth. "These are amazing," I lick my fingers "Alex,
you have the cooking skills of a god."