Part 6: Talking Shower

"Potter," says a voice I've heard all too often these past couple of days. I open my eyes to a very blurry Draco leaning over me and shaking my shoulder. "Get up, Potter." He stops shaking my shoulder once he sees that I'm awake and I reach past him to grab my glasses off of the night stand where I set them last night... Last night?

"Wh - what time is it?" I sit up and take a moment to gather my bearings. A warm feeling engulfs me when I think about last night; I know it's not the fire because the night has reduced it to dark coals.

"It's nearly time for breakfast. You'll want to get up." Draco says.

"You don't know what I want..." I mutter inaudibly. I push the heavy duvet back and swing my legs off the edge of the plush mattress. As I rub my eyes, the sleep fades and memories of what took place mere hours ago become clearer. Looking back now, last night feels more like a dream.

Draco openes his mouth as if he's going to say something, but he hesitates a moment before closing his mouth and walking away, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Light spills through the enchanted windows and I see Draco's room in a different light; literally and figuratively. The cozy feeling from the night before has been extinguished along with the fire. I realize just how foreign this place is from the usual dorms and how spoiled Draco must be. I watch him begin to fix up his hair in the mirror, knowing that it might be a while before we leave if he hasn't perfected his white-blond hair yet.

"If you'd like to wash up, you can use the shower," Draco says, looking at me over his shoulder in the mirror and waving to the door to the bathroom. I must look like a mess.

"Er... thanks," I make my way past Draco and push open the door to the bathroom. Now that I'm in less of a rush, I take a moment to admire the interior of the Private Malfoy Bathroom: silver plated knobs and faucets liter the room and reflect the light coming through a large window taking up nearly the whole wall opposite of the door. A bathtub resembling a smaller scale version of the one in the prefects' bathroom sits beneath the window, looking out onto the Hogwarts grounds. To my left, there's a marble counter with a sink and large mirror. To my right, a shower with glass walls surrounds a gargoyle head, which I assume must be the... shower head. The stone head on the wall looks slightly odd in such a lavish room.

I undress and wrap a towel tightly around my waist. I look around for a knob to turn on the shower, but the tile walls are bare.

"Uh..." I touch the nose of the gargoyle. Nothing happens. How do I turn on this damn shower? I try searching the walls for an invisible knob, but find nothing. I also try kicking the wall, but nothing happens besides a sharp pain shooting up my shin and a loud thud echoing in the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" says a voice from the door. Draco knocks, "Can I come in?"

"Wait... er- I mean," I have no idea what I'm telling him to wait for. I shoot a quick glance to the counter where I set my clothes down, but they seem to have disappeared. I know I set them down there...

"I'm coming in," he says as the door cracks open - did I lock it?- and I grip the towel a bit tighter around my waist.

"Having trouble?" says a very amused Draco. He leans against the doorframe, arms crossed and lips pressed together tightly to suppress a grin.

"The shower- er... I can't seem to figure it out. And, where are my clothes? I set them down just there..." I say and gesture to towards the counter while silently cursing the bathroom.

"Oh, I forgot to mention," he says as the corner of his mouth twitches into a smirk. "The bathroom cleans everything up. If you left them, they're probably being washed as we speak. As for the shower, you just have to tell it to turn on. I thought you could at least figure that out."